Chapter 6

Fake boyfriend. Those were the only two words he was thinking of. He was talking to Sawamura yesterday, and just out of the blue, he asked him to be his fake boyfriend. It was a bad word and another word he wished all his life, but put together. He could only recall that moment yesterday:

"Would you... be my fake boyfriend?" Sawamura asked. Miyuki was absolutely taken by shock and expected to be the last thing he would hear from Sawamura's mouth. He choked up that he didn't even say a word. Sawamura, noticing his expression, quickly jumped in to not make him so uncomfortable. "No! It's okay if you can't. Sorry I surprised you so much!" Miyuki, snapping back to attention, quickly said, "No! I should be the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that. But..." It was almost like confessing. "But, if you really want to, I can." Did he really want to do this? But why fake boyfriend? Obviously, he wasn't expecting to date in real life with Sawamura, so he wasn't expecting much, though it did hurt a little bit inside that he would never be able to get his heart.

"Really? I mean, really?!" Sawamura looked almost happy. Miyuki nodded. "Yeah, but if you don't mind me asking, why?" Sawamura's smile faded away. Uh oh. Did he say something he shouldn't have? "Um," Sawamura started. "I rather not want to talk about it, but maybe when the situation's over, yeah?" Miyuki wasn't sure what kind of situation he was in, but he didn't want to butt in too much and gave a thumbs up. "No problem. Well, I gotta go. Catch you later?" Miyuki walked away, but before even a few steps, Sawamura called out to him. "Hey, thanks, I appreciate it."

That's how the whole thing went. Those last few words, thanks, really hit his heart. He never realized how much he liked, no, loved that kid, but unfortunately, never will know his love for him. If anything, all Miyuki wanted was to be next to his side, as his catcher, as his friend.

-

Okay, so as you can tell, I'm on writer's block (for a REALLY long time). I'm so bad with motivation, but it's almost summer, so when I'm done with finals, I'll be able to catch up. Pinky promise. And always thanks for the constant support. Sorry for the short chapter, but next time, I'll expand on Miyuki's P.O.V