The Endless Wilderness

Start from the beginning

"Congratulation, daddy."

He grins "Was there ever a doubt?"

She rolled her eyes playfully at his cockiness and looked down at her brother "How long are you going to pout?"

He just puffed his cheeks and turned away.

"You are such a kid." She sighs

"Sōma..." Their dad called "Looks like you still got some learning to do, don't cha?"

"Well I guess I'll take the lost today." He said walking away.

"You know to say something like that, you'd have to beat me at least once." He gloated "You're sittin' at about 500 losses, that about right?"

"Huh?! Don't even that only 489!" Soma corrected

As they were talking, Sara continued her work in the kitchen. Soma and their dad were in charge of the appetizers and entrees while she was in charge of drinks and desserts. Sure there are times when they switch it up but people loved her desserts the most.

A nervous voice behind her spoke "Um...Sara, do you think-"

"Don't worry about it, Mayu. You gave your honest opinion about the dishes and you choose a winner." She assured as she was making her friend a dessert for always judging their battles "But really, he had to have seen that coming. I mean if I've never won against dad and he's never won against me, what makes him think he would win against him?"

She sighed, feeling exhausted just saying it "It's like he has no common sense." She looked at Mayu and saw she was still unsure. "Mayu, I think Soma would appreciate it if you cheered him up."

The brunette perks up at bit "You think so?"

"Go on, I'm sure after you two talk, he'll be all smiles again."

"R-Right!" Mayu agreed, making her way to Soma.

You are too obvious, Mayu. She giggled

Mayu found Soma in the back with his head bowed and a dark and gloomy aura around him.

"S-Soma, please don't feel bad! Yours was really tasty too. I just never had fried rice anything like this before!"

"Yeah thanks..." He said with tears still running down his face. "Would try a brand new dish I created earlier today? I think you'll really like it."

She smiles, thinking this would be a perfect chance to cheer him up "Are you sure? I would love to try it."

He turned around and presented the dish to her "It's fried peanut butter squid tentacles."

She froze

Sara just finished making Mayu's dessert when she heard a commotion "What's going on?"

Mayu slowly backs away as Soma came closer to her with the tentacle "Won't you take a little bite? It's so putrid, you're gonna freak."

"No!"

Despite her protest, he forced it into her mouth
"AAAAAAHHHH"!!!!

Hearing Mayu scream, Sara quickly came to the screen with her plate to find Mayu shaking in terror on the floor with Aki trying to keep her together, Soma in his own world and the bowl with his disgusting dish. She put two and two together and figured out what happened: He made Mayu taste his dish.