Welcome to the Hellmouth

In every generation, there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness, until now.

I was waiting with Willow for Xander to come to school like I normally did. After I'd moved here from England with my dad they'd been the first to make me welcome so we stayed with each other and became quick friends. I saw him doing his usual bob and weave through the crowd on his skateboard and moved towards him with Willow at my side. I had one other friend, but he was kinda a secret from everyone, especially my dad. We watched him crash into the railing and fell beneath it.

"I'm Okay. I feel good." He told us as Willow smiled down at him. "Liz! Willow! You're so very much the people that I wanted to see!" he said getting up.

"Oh, really?" Willow asked with a smile on her face as we started walking towards the school.

"Yeah. You know, I kinda had a problem with the math." He told her.

"Uh, which part?" she asked him.

"The math. Can you help me out tonight, pleeeease, be my study buddy?" he begged her.

"Well, what's in it for me?" she asked him.

"A shiny nickel!" he bribed.

"Okay. Do you have 'Theories in Trig'? You should check it out." She told him.

"Check it out?" he asked her.

"From the library? Where the books live." Willow reminded him.

"Right, I'm there! See, I wanna change..." he told her and I laughed.

"Xander, if you change then I'll start doing as my father tells me to do more often." I told him making them both laugh as we walked through the school doors.

"Hey, hey!" Jesse said as we met up with him in the school.

"Hey, Jesse, what's what?" Xander asked him.

"New Girl!" Jesse said and I paid more attention. She was the one my father was waiting on I bet.

"That's right, I saw her. Pretty much a hottie!" Xander said.

"I heard someone was transferring..." Willow cimed in.

"So tell!" Xander said.

"Tell what?" Jesse asked him.

"What's the sitch, what do ya know about her?" Xander asked.

"New girl!" Jesse repeated.

"Well, you're certainly a font of nothing!" Xander said as we made our way to our lockers and separated to our classes.

I had history with Cordelia and the new girl: Buffy Sommers. Everyone was doing their own thing, reading, taking notes, etc. as the teacher told us about the Black Death.

"It's estimated that about 25 million people died in that one four-year span. But the fun part of the Black Plague is that it originated in Europe how?" she asked us, but no one answered. "As an early form of germ warfare. If you'll look at the map on page 63 you can trace the spread of the disease into Rome, and then north. And this popular plague led to what social changes? Steve?" she asked right before the bell rang and we all got up to leave. I immediately moved down the hall and found Willow at the fountain.

"Hey, how was class?" I asked her.

"It was ok." She told me.

"Knowing you, you already knew everything they were telling you." I joked with her making her laugh before she took a drink.

"Willow!" we both turned to see Buffy with Cordelia. "Nice dress! Good to know you've seen the softer side of Sears."

"Uh, oh, well, my mom picked it out." Willow told her.