twenty one.

Zayn practically felt his heart drop to his feet when the words stumbled from her mouth.

Zayn almost didn't believe it. She couldn't be dead. She couldn't. He loves her. Its not supposed to be her time to die. Not yet. Not now.

"No." Was all he was able to say.

"I'm sorry Zayn." Sorry didnt fix it. Sorry didn't bring her back. Sorry didn't take the pain away. "The funeral is tomorrow. You can come if you'd like."

Zayn just nodded his head thank you and walked off the doorstep as she started to close the door. But before she could, Zayn said one more thing.

"Can you tell me the story?"

He had no idea why the hell he asked that question. It hurt enough to read their break up, he didn't want to even think about how much it would hurt to hear how the one he loved died. That was the only worse pain than losing the one you love, losing them for good.

But surprisingly enough, Karen stipped closing the door and slowly started to open it again, inviting Zayn in.

"Yeah, sure. I'll go put on some tea."

Zayn had learned that she was driving back home after a late night at work, when a drunk driver was on the wrong side of the road and was going way over the speed limit and hit her head on.

She didn't die right away, but she did lose a lot of blood and died when the ambulance was on its way.

Zayn could not help but cry. He had just lost the thing he loved the most. Without getting to tell her how much he still loved her.

Once the day reached an end and became night, Karen had invited Zayn to stay the night. Zayn agreed.

But when the morning came and Zayn had to scavenge for black clothing to attend the funeral, he was anything but close to being ready for it.

He didn't have anytime to take what was happening all in.

Zayn thought he was going to be fine during the funeral, but the second he got there, he could handle it. He broke down, almost refused to go out there.

But he had to. So he did. Zayn was doing great during all the talking and then he was called up for the eulogy.

"Juliet Drover. There's not much left to say."

A/N

final part tomorrow not really sure how i feel about this