Prologue

After the battle of Hogwarts, Harry Potter, the war hero disappeared from the face of the earth. Unable to cope with the insurmountable grief, Harry left Britain's wizarding world. The green-eyed wizard left searching for an environment he never had, one of peace and quiet. Unfortunately, his departure meant leaving behind his best friends, his girlfriend and his family. 

He left the Weasley's, the Tonks's and many others who were dear to him, a letter. It might have been the easy way and not the right way to leave his old life behind but Harry was tired of being the courageous hero that everyone expected him to be. The young war veteran was not able to bear the overwhelming fame, the loathing coming from the people who had lived and lost because of the war and the nightmares of his friends and loved ones dying.

 Harry made the decision to leave everything he had ever known behind. Since his departure, no one, not a single witch or wizard had heard of him. It had been 20 years and it had changed him for the better. The aforementioned young wizard had not cut his ties to magic because his special ability was something that had brought him joy at the worse moments of his life. Harry Potter was not living in the muggle world. He had gone across the pond and left the continent of Europe for the first time since his birth. The now-adult wizard was now residing in the Wizarding world of Canada. In more precise words, Harry was a new member of the wizard community of Toronto. 

At first, the boy-who-lived was all alone. He finally started his new unaccompanied life. It was new, fresh and it did wonders. 

It was a new experience not to be recognized while living his life. He was never accosted by someone who either hated or loved him and he never encountered a member of the press since establishing himself in Toronto. However, when the young wizard introduced himself to other witches and wizards, he was recognized because the news travelled fast and overseas. Harry was thankful for the fact that his acquaintances were very respectful of his private life. 

Britain's defeater of Voldemort was living a calm and happy life in Toronto's wizarding community which was something he had never experienced after vanquishing Voldemort for the first time. Harry had pursued his ambitious dream to become an auror. That dream finally came true with a slight difference in locality. The Ministry of Magic, located in Toronto, happily welcomed the saviour in their training program with no consideration for his English reputation. 

Harry truly loved his job and he wouldn't change for anything. With qualities such as kindness, friendliness and having an open mind, Harry made friends very easily, especially as he became more established and a good recruit at Toronto's Auror Training Academy. The wild-haired young man created a completely new and different life for himself as he finally became free of the public pressure that pursued him before. 

With a clear mind, new glasses and the ability to think without getting attacked by a mad man, Harry quickly discovered, while living in his new dwelling, that he was gay. To explore the newfound knowledge of his sexuality, he had a few flings and decided not to commit himself to an actual relationship until he was ready. 

The Golden boy eventually became involved in a loving relationship with a beautiful blonde man who was in the process of escaping his heavy past, same as Harry. Before committing themselves, both young men formed a tight friendship that evolved in a couple of dates. And those dates caused the formation of a wonderful and passionate romantic relationship between Harry and his boyfriend. After dating for 1 year and admitting their unconditional love to each other, the two lovebirds decided to move in together. The couple decided that they were ready for this next step in their relationship and they bought a house together. 

After another 2 years, Harry and his devoted partner were joined in holy matrimony. As they kissed and signed the licence that officiated their new mariage, Harry realized that he had made the best decision of his entire life by moving to Toronto. He had found happiness and love, something he had longed for during all of his childhood and teenage years. Many warned them that they could be going too fast but for this pair of lovers, it was a slow-motion fairytale romance that small children dreamed of. 

After four years of a blissful mariage, they adopted two children that became the light of their lives. The children in question were twins, a girl and a boy that were not identical because of their difference in gender and other factors. Strangely, the two kids looked exactly like their parents. Both the little girl and the little boy were eerily perfect mixtures of their parents's looks. It was funny but very endearing at the same time. 

The two children were named Athena Lily Potter and  Scorpius James Potter. The twins were now 13 years old and they were attending the Illvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry located in Lake Nipigon, Ontario. The twins were courageous, ambitious, intelligent, clever and kind-hearted. Harry's life was imperfectly perfect. 

Harry, his blond husband and the kids were living a full life. Harry's  husband was a healer at Toronto's magical children hospital. He specialized in Paediatrics. He was the best healer in the province, he also inherited and owned a multi-million dollar company. The Potter family was rich. Being a healer and an auror were two very rewarding jobs when it came to money. Two good paying jobs and the very successful company were the cause of their wealth.They always looked good in public but they never flaunted their money because it was no use. 

 Finally, one day, they received a letter saying what they never thought they'd read. It was time to go back to England and face what and who Harry and his husband had left behind.