4

"(Y/N)? You ready?"

"To kick ass I presume?"

"Sure, if that's what you want then sure."

"You're so supportive of me Brock."

He smiled. "I really try."

You floofed your hair in the mirror one last time and graciously put your golden flower crown back on.

"Fit for a true Queen."

"Ah don't say that. I'm just about a Queen as Marcel is nice."

Brock snickered. "Alright your niceness let's hit the mics."

You and Brock traveled down the hallway and reached the living quarters, where a small stage was illuminated by an array of flashing colors.

"Nice of you folk to join us." Craig laughed.

"I'll take my time buddy." You say.

Everyone around was still setting up the music station.

A small tug brought you into a small room, the small florescent light made the room a musty yellow color.

"I'm sorry about this but I needed you alone. I know I made a mistake."

You jerk your arm right into your ribs. "David leave me alone. I made my mistake, and I live with that pain everyday. It kills me. You've made your bed, now it's your turn to lay in it."

"Please forgive me."

"I don't know okay. I haven't even been able to forgive myself."

"I can't force you to not hate me, but please. I'm doing my best, I lost someone I loved."

"I did too David! You aren't the only victim! I did too..."  You choke back a sob.

His eyes widen as tears start streaking down your face. "Martin was my only friend in that place! Those "missions" were life or death!" You tossed your hands forward and pushed him back, sticking your finger in his direction. "I have regretted every single day of my life, and that one the most. I couldn't save her, and I couldn't save him. I wished for the longest time I could've taken their places because God knows everything would be better if I wasn't here!

"You weren't the only on who lost someone important. You act like it's all my fault, and it's not. You made this fate, that was your choice." Your makeup strained to keep your eyes glittery and flattering.

"You took away all I had left!" You yelled, poking him in the chest. "You took my pain and used it against me for your gain! You tried to make me feel yours, when it couldn't even amount to mine in the first place."

"(Y/N)?"

Your eyes were stinging as your makeup washed down your face, tears plinking on the floor like black, sparkling raindrops in the early morning.

"I know, I can't fix your pain, a-and I know I can't make it better. But I'm sorry. There's nothing else I can say David, I'm sorry. Lisa didn't deserve it, and you were right."

David took a step forward, "Right about wha?"

"Lisa was absolutely g-gorgeous. I guess I ruined that too."

"Please stop. I know that I shoved a lot of unnecessary emotions on you and I'm sorry. Please don't hate me. We can make this better." he pulled you into his arms. "I was wrong. About so many things. About Lisa, about you. And I'm sorry."

You sniffle as your breathing staggers.

"I'll stop bugging you about this, but please remember I'm sorry. A lot. I've never been more sorry in my entire life."