Chapter one

It was a chilly morning when Lionfur and Snowstorm awoke the warriors and apprentices for a quick check around the area. Lionfur looked at all of them and said" We're going to find a place to live in the forest, now Snowstorm take three warriors and one apprentice to patrol and find food. Same for you Sparrowflight." Snowstorm called his warriors and the apprentice" Whitestripe, Sunblaze, Hazelwing and lilypaw." Sparrowflight called his too" Smokeblaze, Frostfoot, Smokepelt and thistlepaw." Lionfur looked at the remaining two warriors and apprentices." These apprentices will help you with whatever you need." Dawnfeather called jaypaw, moonpaw and hazelpaw and they went to find food. Silverwing, stormpaw and whitepaw stayed with the queens and kits to keep them safe.
The three patrols came back with mostly dead rats and crow food. Lionfur sighed and said"feed the kits and queens, then get something for yourselves. He sighed while eating a crow that stunk, took a bite and thought to himself" it's better than nothing."
After they ate Lionfur gathered the warriors and apprentices to form a protective circle around the queens and kits. Lionfur led the way untill they got to the Thunderpath. Snowstorm and Smokepelt helped the queens across then came back to help the kits. They helped oakkit and foxkit across and they said" it feels hot and sticky." They made it safely to the other side. Smokepelt stayed with the kits and queens. Snowstorm was guiding sagekit, silverkit and ivykit. When they was almost across Snowstorm heard a monster coming and he urged silverkit and ivykit to cross. He turned and saw the monster barely three fox-lengths away and he grabbed sagekit by the scruff and hurried across.
The rest of the warriors and apprentices hurried across after sitting still and not smelling another monster. Lionfur padded carefully across and Nightclan huddled close together after almost losing three kits. They rested for a moment catching a breath when Lionfur sat up and strolled toward the forest.

They carefully went inside and Lionfur paws felt the soft, cool earth instead of the hot, hard pavement. His tail flickered twice, a silent order for the warriors to form up behind him. The apprentices stayed with the queens and kits. Lionfur smelled the forest, smelling cats, different cats that smelled like fish. He cocked his head when he smelled more cats but they had a different smell to them more like a mouse smell. Lionfur led his cats towards the cats that smelled liked mouse.

Nightclan padded through the forest, watching everything carefully. Lionfur leading them and they respected him even more than ever, leading them in a unfamiliar territory. When they got close to the cats or the camp of thunderclan, Lionfur called Snowstorm to go with him. "Sparrowflight your in charge until I get back."

Lionfur and Snowstorm crept closer and closer to the camp when they heard leaves being stepped on. They saw a white cat come out of the brambles being followed by a ginger tom and a long-haired gray tom. They was talking about something then the ginger tom smelled crowfood"do smell that??" "What is it??" said the gray tom. They turned and looked and saw a golden cat with broad shoulders, a torn ear and a white tom with brown stripes going across his back with blue eyes. They padded forward to them and the ginger tom sized them up but then saw their ribs sticking out of their pelts. "Come with me" he said "Graystripe, Whitestorm get behind them if they try anything."

They got to the camp and saw cats everywhere. But it wasn't a show for them cause the ginger tom told them to come to his den. He offered them food and after they ate he asked "Why are you here, what do you want??" Lionfur spoke" I am Lionfur and this is my deputy Snowstorm. I am the leader of Nightclan. We've come to ask you can we stay in the forest. I know about the four clans but I do not know about the warrior code or anything else, just four clans that rule the forest. What is your name since I told you mine??" "I am Firestar, the white cat that was with me earlier was Whitestorm and the other was Graystripe. Now come and show me this Nightclan." Firestar led the way with Lionfur and Snowstorm behind him. He followed their stench until he saw the clan by a small stream. He stopped and they padded forward and Nightclan joined them. Silverwing whispered" Who is he??" " That's Firestar."