t

"so, you win?" chanyeol asked as he sits on one of baekhyun's couch, the gray one. he takes a sip of his root beer, wiping some droplets on his chin. "you win, right? so why are you looking down in the dumps like that?" chanyeol noticed his face has been like that since he step on the house. his eyes lost their shine. his lips formed into a frown and not his signature rectangle smile. his hair looking very tousled.

"i don't care. i don't this bet, yeol." baekhyun takes a seat on the opposite of the taller, fingers massaging his forehead. "i don't want to do the bet anymore."

chanyeol blinks, clearly surprised his friend just rejected a bet. "why is that?"

baekhyun sighs. the memories from yesterday were still fresh and keep replaying themselves in his mind. he was having a blast hesterday. probably his best day until the night came and yixing left. yesterday was both his best and worst day ever. "i hurt him, yeol." he said in a small voice, head hanging low. chanyeol can barely hear it but thankfully for the silence in the house he can make out what he said.

to say he was surprise was an understatement. baekhyun never felt like this after a bet, he never tell him something like this after it. but this guy he chose seems to do that to baekhyun. what did this guy do anyway to make baekhyun looking so down like that?

"he was a great guy, he's beautiful." chanyeol didn't need to ask when baekhyun told him. the two know each other's minds really good. "he's different. he took me to a street food, a waterfall, and a cliff. it was really fun." baekhyun's lips curl up into a small smile, "but me being my stupid, idiotic self, hurt him. after all the things he did to me, i hurt him."

chanyeol was stunned, he can see how this guy has such an impact to baekhyun. he never sees his friend like this because of someone. "d'you know what's more stupid and idiotic?"

baekhyun lift his gaze, "what?"

"you moping here instead of apologizing and make him your real boyfriend."

baekhyun frowns at his friend's choice of words. he was harsh but that's the truth. he agrees with the giant.

"but he won't forgive me. i hurt him that much."

"how will you know? you said it yourself he's different. don't compare him to other people, baek." chanyeol puts the can down the coffee table in front of him. "so go, you idiot."

right.

what are you waiting for, idiot? go.

and then he was on his feet, running through the doors. he will fix his relationship with yixing. whatever they had, and turn it into something more serious.

"hey, i know you're an idiot, but not like this!" he heard chanyeol's deep voice shouting inside his house. "use your car, dammit! don't run! it's not a fcking drama so don't be dramatic." baekhyun halts on his steps, a little out of breath.

"fck you, park! but you're right, thanks!"

chanyeol sighs as he close his eyes, head leaning back showing his adam's apple. "he's so in love, that fool."

•–•

baekhyun knocks on yixing's door, feet can't stop moving from place to place. he can hear the blood rushing to his ears. he keeps saying to his self that yixing is different, like chanyeol said. he knows that, but he doesn't know if he'll forgive him. he's longing for yixing's dimpled smile, his soft voice, he misses it all.

he keeps on knocking, not minding his now red knuckles. he starts to think that chanyeol's wrong. yixing is not different from the others, he's not going to forgive him. "yixing, i know i'm wrong, but please open up." he finally said, can't stand it anymore. he wants to pull him into his arms again, he dreads for those arms that gives him warm and love.

"yixing," baekhyun bites his lower lip in anxious. he's starting to believe the older's not going to forgive him. after a lot of calling his names, and many knocks later, he still doesn't open the door. his world come crashing down, along with his heart.

"that's not my house, stupid." came a very familiar sound, one that baekhyun's been waiting for. baekhyun slowly turns round, eyes wide and blinking im disbelief. there he is, zhang yixing, in his white t-shirt and black shorts. a small towel around his shoulders, sweat trickling down his face. baekhyun concluded that he's been jogging.

baekhyun can't help himself but throw himself to the arms of the black haired, catching the latter by surprise. "i'm sorry. i really am. i genuinely like you– really, really, really like you. and i promise this one's not a part of the bet."

he feels toned arms around him, yixing's hugging him back. mint scent enveloping him. "i know."

baekhyun grins.

yixing is different, after all.