Pureblood Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Kevin woke up the next morning feeling surprisingly fine considering that he hadn't had blood for more than eight hours now.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Said Maya, who was already awake.

"Funny I didn't picture you as a morning person." He said, still half asleep.

"Funny I did, in fact, picture you as a morning person Mr. Grumpy pants."

"I'm not grumpy, just sleepy."

"Well I'm sorry to say, we have to get the academy, before my father sends all of the security to come look for us."

"Good idea, but how are we going to get there, we're lost remember."

"We could always wing it and just start walking in a random direction." She suggested.

"That's what got us into this mess in the first place."

"Sorry my bad, could you just forget about it now."

"Sure, as soon as I'm safely in my room."

"We should get to high ground, and then we can see where the academy is." She said ignoring his last comment.

They finally found a high place to look and felt even more crap when they saw that the academy was only about a mile away from their campsite.

"Way to go Kev, we could've already got to the academy, but no you said we have to set up a campsite." Said Maya when they were on their way to the academy.

"Are you kidding me, you're the one who got us lost in the first place."

"Hey you didn't know the way either."

"You could've gotten a map."

"So could you."

"I would've if you had told me you didn't know the area."

"You shouldn't have just assumed that I did."

"You've lived here your whole life for goodness sake."

"Excuse me for not wanting to leave the academy." Even though her face as well as her voice was very convincing that she didn't, for some reason Kevin knew she was lying and that it was her father that kept her there.

"Yes you do, it was your father that kept you inside, wasn't it."

"How the hell do you know that?" She asked surprised.

"I really don't know, I just do."

She narrowed her eyes; "Are you psychic?" She asked poking his head with her index finger.

"Do I look like Edward Cullen?"

"Who?"

"What, every girl in the world knows who he is."

"Clearly not every girl, now who is he?"

"A character in this vampire movie called Twilight."

"Never heard of it."

"Bullshit."

"Hey may I remind you that I have never been outside the academy and I don't exactly have girlfriends who can fill me in."

"Right sorry." Kevin really felt sorry for her, the more he got to know her the more he realized that, despite what everyone thought, she was actually a very social person, she was just a social person without any friends besides him.

"It doesn't bother me."

On more than one occasion Maya had made it clear that it didn't bother her to not have any other friends and he had believed her, but now, again for some reason, he saw right through her act.