You're a dumbass, but you're my dumbass anyways

ابدأ من البداية

Chris recovered from the attack to his groin soon enough and was red with anger. He lifted his fist to land a blow on Eagle and moved but a blur suddenly moved in front of him and Eagle didn't feel a thing, much to his confusion.

"Wow, Chris. Cheating on me with this guy? I'm hurt, honestly."

Eagle looked up to see Roland smirking with a steadily forming bruise on his cheek. "What on earth are you doing here?!" Eagle screeched and Roland glared at him.

"Scram, birdie. You're in my way so buzz off," Roland hissed at him and nudged Eagle away. It hurt but slightly less than being beaten up by a few idiots who lack brain cells, so Eagle took the offer of escape and got up before staggering away without looking back.

Ms. Jane gave him a scolding look when he came back but made him sit down anyways while she tended to his wounds with the first aid kit.

"Roland got hurt too," Eagle murmured, wincing lightly when she dabbed at the cuts on his hands when he fell. "Will you treat him as well?"

"That boy never learns does he?" Ms. Jane sighed fondly and wraps up his hand with pure white bandages, "Always taking the fall for others, never thinking about how he always uses up our first aid supplies."

Eagle knew she was joking but he sat up a bit straighter. "What do you mean?"

She smiled sneakily and messes up his hair, "What's this? An interest in the boy you've been complaining for years?"

"I'm just curious," Eagle pouted and tries to slap her hand away from his head, "It just feels weird seeing him act so weird."

"Just try to be friends with him, Eagle." Ms. Jane smiled well-naturedly and winks, "You might be surprised at what you'll find."

Eagle didn't understand what she meant at that time but nodded. It wasn't until later that night did Roland come back, beaten black and blue. He tried to get the proud look Roland made when Ms. Jane began to scold him for being out so late and the happy look he had when she brought him into a hug.

It actually took a few days for Eagle to muster up the courage to finally talk to Roland. He manage to catch the boy in the garden and walked over to him shyly. "Hey," Eagle said quietly, "I just wanted to say thanks for saving me last time."

Roland look over at him in surprise and Eagle wondered how often Roland was thanked. (Probably never but hey, there's a first time for everything, right?) "....Who said I was saving you, birdie?" Roland narrowed his eyes, "As everyone knows, I'm just a troublemaker who loves to pick fights." He dragged out the word 'loves' exaggeratedly and looks away from Eagle.

"Nope, I don't think that-," Eagle quickly said and added after getting shot an 'I-don't believe-you' look from Roland, "-Anymore. I don't think that anymore.

"What changed your mind?"

"Well, it might have something to do with the fact you blocked a punch for me," Eagle shrugs, "and who knows? It might have even been your charming personality."

That earned a surprised laugh from Roland and Eagle revelled in the fact he made Roland smile. He hasn't seen the other boy do that once in his time of knowing him and whoa, it was breath taking. It could have blinded a blind person.

...Yes, he knows that doesn't make sense.

They surprisingly hit it off after that and soon became connected by the hip. Where Eagle goes, Roland was quick to follow, if he wasn't already there. They hung out at school, in the orphanage, out at the gardens, basically anywhere.