she sends a quick text to her mother about her dilemma and waits for the woman's response. in the meantime, she ponders over what club should she join, so that she could at least make her high school life a bit more colorful. 

well, she likes food so maybe it was time to learn how to make her own dishes. 

or maybe she can ask yuta to teach her how to play an instrument. it did look like their band was looking for a bassist. 

or maybe she can join choir? doyoung's part of that club, isn't he? maybe he can give her vocal training?

"ugh. i'm going to the bathroom," she announces, standing up.

yuta spares her glance but didn't stop her from leaving the room. hey if she wants to get caught lying by taeyong, be his guest.

saori goes to the bathroom to wash her face. as she splashes water onto her skin, she sniffs a scrumptious scent coming from outside. 

as she follows the smell, she ends up staring into the home economics club room, where she assumes they were baking pastries again. 

she peeks into the window and curses out when she spots taeyong near the ovens, pulling out fresh baked cookies. 

as much as she wants to have a taste of those sweets, she needs to stay hidden from him. 

so she crouches down, crawls up until she reaches the end of the hallway, and makes a run for it downstairs. 

she doesn't expect to run into someone for the second time this week. with the same person from a few days ago.

"wha--saori!" johnny suh stares at her incredulously, stacks of paper gradually sinking onto the ground after saori had knocked them off of the boy's arms.

"oh shoot, i'm so sorry!" she apologizes fleetly, kneeling down to help pick up the fallen papers.

"it's fine." johnny sighs and joins her in cleaning up. "what were you doing running, anyway? wait--did you escape detention?" 

saori opens her mouth to tell johnny off that no she wasn't in detention but stops herself when she remembers why she was running in the first place. 

"taeyong told you?" is what she says instead, handing johnny the papers she's collected so far.

johnny gratefully receives it from her, uttering a thanks. "yeah, he says you couldn't walk with him today bec--unless." johnny narrows his eyes in suspicion. 

"what?" saori backs away, intimidated. "i do have detention, okay!? it's just so boring in there, i had to flee!" she lies.

johnny sighs again--he has a knack of doing that whenever he's around her. "you do realize i'm part of the student council, and may have to report you?" 

saori's eyes widen as she's reminded that johnny's not only a very attractive being, but he's also an overachiever and participates in student government activities. 

"no!" she yells. 

johnny cannot find out about her lying about detention. 

"i'll go back! don't report me!" 

johnny jumps at the girl's sudden outburst, attempting to calm her down, "relax! i wasn't going to--"

"okay, i gotta go!" saori runs away from him, going back upstairs to return to yuta's clubroom. she forgets that in order to do so, she has to pass by the home economics room, praying to the heavenly gods to bless her with stealth to prevent taeyong from seeing her.