One Reason (a Soul Eater fanfiction)

"Welcome to DWMA!" A sign on a building that looked like a school said as Akiko trudged up the stairwell.

"So many steps.." She whined. The albino was new to the city and new to the school. She was registered just yesterday and is a transfer student from Frankfurt, Germany but her English was pretty decent. She wasn't what you would call "Girly" or "Fancy" but people referred to her as "Scene."

The girl wore red torn up skinny jeans, black high top sneakers, and a black hoodie that read the words "Chevelle" (Akiko's favorite band by the way). Her white hair was straight and long and in her bangs a small red bow hung there.

After about two hours she finally reached the top of the stairwell. "Hi you must be new here!" A cheerful voice shouted as a combat boots stomped on the pavement.

The cheery girl had on combat boots, a red plaid skirt, a yellow vest, a green tie, and a long sleeved white shirt underneath.

"My name is Maka!" She smiled. Akiko smirked,

"Names Akiko White. Um, this is the DWMA right?"

"Yes you're at the right place! Come on! I'll show you to the Death Room!" She then grabbed Akiko by her sweatshirt and dragged her inside.

"Hey!? What's the Death Room?"

They stopped and Maka turned to look at her, "The Death Room is where Lord Death himself is he basically runs the place and he also has a son named Death the Kid!" Maka smiled.

"889? That's Asymmetrical!" They both turned around to see Death the Kid having a breakdown over symmetry.

"Kid! Relax! It isn't the end of the world!" Liz Thompson the older sister of the Thompson sisters sighed as Patty was laughing madly at the fit the young Grim Reaper was having.

Maka poked Akiko's shoulder,"Um that's Death the Kid, he's Lord Death's son but for short we just call him Kid. He's a huge symmetry freak and thinks everything would be perfect if symmetrical." She then giggled at him throwing a fit.

Kid then looked over to see Akiko standing there and gave her a dirty look. "YOU!" He shouted as he stomped towards her. "I've never seen you before! YOU are the reason why the number of students here is asymmetrical!!" He hissed then was pulled back by Patty who was still giggling.

"Sorry about him he tends to do that...a lot! Oh you must be new! I'm Liz and the little one holding Kid is my younger sister Patty." She laughed nervously.

"I'm Akiko. And yes actually I am new." She grinned.

"Yahoo!" A blue haired boy fell from the shadows screaming. "There's someone I have to assassinate today! Hahaha!"

A girl with long black hair that was put up in a ponytail came up sighing,"Please stop Black*Star now isn't the time."

Akiko peered over at Maka. "Um may I ask why he looks like a rejected Naruto character?" Akiko asked and Maka laughed.

Black*Star then ran over to Akiko and eyed her up and down. "You are the one who I have to assassinate!" He tried to do one of his assassination tricks but ended up getting a bloody nose due to Akiko's excellent fighting skills.

"Forgive him! His name is Black*Star and I'm his weapon partner Tsubaki." Tsubaki smiled at her. "I'm Akiko! Pleasure to meet you Tsubaki."

"Well we better hurry if we want to meet Lord Death." Maka tried to hurry Akiko but sooner or later grabbed her wrist and dragged her to a room what looked like a cemetery and a giant mirror standing in the middle.

"Well hello hello! What do we have here Meister Maka and who is this?" A tall shadowy figure with a skull for a face said as Akiko and Maka approached him.

"This is Akiko the new student." Maka pointed to her.

"I am exchange student from Germany incase you didn't get the memo." The albino smirked.

"Well now shall we begin by going over your classes?" Lord Death asked.