Part title

Lila sat at the bar and put her head in her hands. It had been a long night and the only thing she really wanted was a stiff drink. The last task had taken it's toll and she was exhausted. Physically and mentally.

"Long one?," Jane asked, sliding the glass over and Lila sighed heavily and nodded. "Almost done though, that's something," she reminded her. Yeah, almost done. She could finally get her damn wings back and go home.

She closed her eyes and sipped the whiskey, the burn making her feel a little bit more alive. This body she was using was weary, exhausted. She'd wondered how much longer she could keep it. And that was a shame. She liked this one.

"Got any good stories?," Sam asked, dropping into the seat next to hers, holding up two fingers to Jane. "Nothin' interesting," Lila told him honestly. "Just ready to be done. Get my things back."

Sam nodded. He understood, another fallen. He'd been working for nearly a year to get back on the good side, trying to get home too. He'd started to wonder if it was even worth it. Angels belonged in Heaven, but was he really an angel anymore?

"You're thoughts are loud," Lila complained and he mumbled an apology. But she got it, she knew how he felt. So many of her kind had given up. Taken their punishment. Stayed on earth or gone dark.

Her eyes flickered over to the back of the bar. That's where they congregated. They always had the most fun. The loudest wherever they went. But Jane's bar was preferred. Supernatural beings were welcome here. Good and bad, no questions asked.

"He's been around," Sam whispered, leaning over and Lila tensed. That was news she didn't want to hear. She knew what would happen if she saw him again. What always happened. And she be damned if he let him have his way again.

She couldn't.

He was dangerous, bad for her. So very, very bad for her. He was the reason she fell in the first place and he was the reason these tasks were taking longer than necessary. He was a distraction. He did it on purpose. Trying to get her to fail.

But she wouldn't fail. She couldn't. She couldn't keep falling for him, for his schemes. His plans for her. He wanted her to give it all up, told her it was stupid to return. That it would be so much easier to just go with him.

He made a million promises. That he'd take care of her. Give her everything she'd ever dreamed of, ever desired. They could go anywhere, do anything. That she could be at his side, a new pair of wings. That she could be a queen.

The Queen Of Hell.

Beautiful, envied. Respected. Feared. Everything that went against what she really was, all that she'd ever known. And fuck, if she wasn't tempted by it all.

But she tried to deny it. She ran from him. Avoided his advances. Kept her head down and focused on the tasks. If she could just get done, she'd be free. She could go home.

And never see the King of Hell again.

"They say he's looking for you," Sam said, pulling her from her thoughts and she sighed into her glass, downing it before ordering another. "He can keep looking," Lila told him, "but I'm done with Bucky."

Sam scoffed and shook his head. "That's a damn lie and you know it, Li," he chuckled. Why'd he always have to be right? She knew in the back of her mind that if he walked into Jane's tonight, she'd leave with him. And fall behind again.

"Can't Sam," she said, practically downing the second glass. She needed to get buzzed. Buzzed enough to not think about it. "I'm almost done. I'm so close I can taste it," she sighed, "I can't let him take over again."

Sam shrugged and sipped his beer. He watched her closely. He knew she didn't want to break, didn't want to be weak. She'd worked so hard to get this far, but he knew he was right. Bucky could easily sway her.

He was the reason she fell. She'd been weak, spending time on earth, needing a break. Wanting to feel human. All angels went through it at some point. Sowing their oats, so to speak. She found Jane's then and it was a relief. Home away from home.

She loved seeing other angels. Getting to experience being around other supernatural and ethereal beings. She never could have expected what happened. It seemed so very unlikely. But he had her completely mesmerized.

She couldn't have stopped it if she tried.

He sat next to her and tucked a hair behind her ear. She pulled the blade from her boot and held it to his throat. "What do you want, demon?," she asked, low and dangerously. He merely chuckled and pulled the blade from her hand.

"Pretty little angel pretending to be human," he said with a smirk, "I like it," he whispered, his breath fanning over her neck. The human body she inhabited acted of its own accord, heating up.

"I'm no everyday demon, sweetheart," he told her, "and I get what I want," he told her and she sneered. "What exactly is that you want, Bucky?," she asked and he grinned. "You know my name," he said simply and she nodded. Everyone knew the King of Hell.

"You, darlin'," he told her, the Brooklyn accent of his human form coming through and Lila felt herself flush. "Pretty little angel like you," he grinned, kissing her shoulder, "needs a Daddy to show her the world."

She closed her eyes, her breathing picking up. It was wrong. So, so wrong. She knew the consequences. How much trouble she'd be in if she let him have his way, but her mind was fuzzy as he trailed his hands up her thighs.

"What do you want, hmm, pretty little angel?," he asked, but he already knew. He saw the struggle behind her eyes. He knew what she would ultimately choose. She eyed him closely and sat her glass down on the bar. She licked her lips and he leaned over.

"Say the word," he spoke quietly, "say you want me and I'll make you mine," he told her and she released a breath. She knew she'd pay for it. Probably be banned for life, but damn, she needed it. She needed him. So she nodded, letting him kiss her and sealing her fate.

They travelled the world, her on his arm. She'd lost everything, but he made it worth it. Keeping his promises. Showing her everything, showering her with lavish gifts. It was all she could have wanted, but she missed who she had been. So she left.

He'd caught up, of course, reminding her who she belonged to. That they had sealed their union with a kiss, that she was meant to be his queen. But Lila kept running. Trying desperately not to give in to him, and always failing miserably.

And now here she was, Jane's again. Listening to Sam go on about his latest mission, but not really hearing him. Trying to get drunk enough to simply pass out for the night, to forget everything and start over fresh.

She watched Sam make his way across the room, his eyes locked on the three sirens in the corner. She shook her head, knowing it most likely wouldn't end well. She closed her eyes and finally relaxed, the alcohol taking affect. She let her mind drift for a minute, feeling peaceful, when she felt the hair being brushed from her shoulder.

"Well hello there, pretty little angel."