02: A New Friend

Beginne am Anfang

She nodded and began tapping the screen, "and a Boo Berry," MJ added.

We all broke out into a laugh, "Boo Berry? Where in the world you get Boo out of Bo?"

I paid for me and MJ's food and we were on our way. I was twenty minutes into the forty minute drive into town, when I once again noticed the white Acura behind me. I pulled over on the side of the rode, and held my hand out to signal them to do the same.

"Sit right here, mommy will be back in a second," I promised MJ, receiving a nod.

I got out the car and headed towards the Acura, my heart punching against my chest harder and harder with every step I took. I finally reached the automobile's dark tented window and knocked lightly, waiting for them to roll down their window. I wasn't expecting an elderly, Caucasian man, which looked to be in his late fifties. An expensive camera hung from his neck and envelopes filled the passenger's seat. Photographs were spread across the dashboard and his backseat held equipment.

"Excuse me, but I must ask, why in the hell are you following me?" I asked, emphasizing you and me. I don't understand how this old ass man is following me around like a lovesick puppy. It just doesn't add up or make any sense.

The older man sighed, wrinkles forming in his forehead, I could sense he was about to feed me some bull.

"If you lie, I swear I will call the police on your creepy ass!" I yelled in anger.

"Your husband!" He rushed, seeming frightened.

Malik? What the hell?

"Who?"

"Malik Wright? He's your husband right? He called and asked for my services personally. I'm a Private Investigator, my name is Dawn."

I can't believe this shit. Malik really went as far as hiring a private investigator. I am honestly shocked. How can he be this insecure with the way he downgrades me any and every day.

"Well Dawn, if you keep up your little 'investigation', I will make it my top priority to make sure you rot behind bars," I informed him before kicking his car door and heading back to my own.

"Mommy, who was that?" MJ asked in curiosity.

"No one baby, just one of those crazy people I tell you to stay away from," I explained before assuring him, "everything is fine."

***

We finally made it to the grocery store without any more distractions. I grabbed MJ's iPad and cart cover before heading inside. I found a cart and wiped it down with Clorox wipes before placing the Cars' themed cover over the cart's seat. I sat MJ inside and then handed him his iPad to keep him occupied.

I went down almost every aisle. When I shop, I really shop and that's for anything. It was when I was on the Baking aisle; I felt a pair of eyes on me, staring intensely. I looked up from the icing and to the right-nothing. I then looked to the left. It was the guy from the dinner a couple of weeks ago.

I know damn well Malik ain't sent his ass to be a watch dog too! I don't even know this nigga like that. From what I've heard, he's a basketball star. Nigga is stackin' too. He was just transferred to the Miami Heat, so I know he got some bread. But, that doesn't matter. What matters is, this nigga must be another little 'investigator'. I guess Dawn's old ass done called Malik and snitched. With that being said, I'm about to confront his ass.

"Excuse me, are you following me? Andre right?" I asked with confidence, my head held high and my arms crossing my chest.

He chuckled, exposing his snowflake teeth and deepening dimples, "nah ma, it's nothing like that. Kimberly right?"