Explosive Shift Pt 1

Start from the beginning

"Hey Jo what's going on kiddo". Kelly said.

"Nothing much. I got a project at school to do and I want it to be great". Jordan replied.

"What's the project?" Herrmann asked.

"I gotta shadow someone on a job for 24 hours then do a report on what I wanna do when I grow up. I wanna be a cop like my dad but he won't let me shadow them because it's too dangerous so I figured maybe I could shadow you guys if it's alright first".

"Your project will be awesome, I guarantee it". Gabby said.

"Would it be alright if I also recorded you guys if I'm allowed?"

"We'll talk to the Chief about it". Kelly spoke.

Hank was walking to Boden's office, his stomach still in knots, he then saw Connie at her desk. "Hello Connie". He greets the woman.

"Sergeant Voight".

"Is Chief Boden in?"

"Yes he is".

"Thank you".

"You're welcome".

Hank then headed for the door and knocked, Chief Boden was reading something when he heard the knock. "Come in". He called out.

The older man had entered surprising Boden a bit. "Chief".

"Hank what can I do for you".

"I was wondering if you had a couple minutes to talk about something".

"Of course".

"Jordan has this school project, she has to shadow somebody on a job for 24 hours and do a report on what she wants to do when she grows up. I'm not letting her shadow me because I won't put her in danger like that it's bad enough my job puts her in danger as it is. She was hoping if it was alright if she could shadow you guys on a couple of your calls".

"I think we can work something out".

"I respect what you all do. I commend it, it's just I don't like the idea of Jo being anywhere near something like that".

"I completely understand Hank, we'll watch Jordan carefully she'll be safe with us at all times".

"Would it be possible when you all go out she stays by you? I don't want her anywhere near all of that".

"Absolutely. Would you excuse me for a minute".

"Sure".

Boden got up from his chair and headed to his door to see Connie. "Connie can you please get Casey, Severide, and Dawson".

"Of course Chief".

She then headed out to get the three while Boden went back to his office, Hank let out a small chuckle.

"It's strange you know, one minute Jordan's this little baby just asleep in my arms now she's growing up right before my eyes. It's like I blinked and she grew up".

"I completely understand".

Just then Connie had returned with Casey, Severide, and Gabby, once they were inside Kelly shut the door just as everyone stood around.

"Chief". Casey says.

"Starting the next shift Jordan will shadow us for a school project, when we go out she will stay with me. If she goes out with one of you she is to stay out of the way and out of danger. She stays by the truck or ambulance at all times". Boden tells the three.

"Understood". They said.

"Jo did ask if she could record us, would that be alright?" Kelly asked.