The Battle Begins

"Kylo Ren". The esteemed general announced the dark knight through gritted teeth. It was clear that General Hux did not approve of the current situation.

Neither did Rey, who was looking sickly and appalled at the same time.

"Madam, are you alright?". The maid asked, amounting her words with worry. "The knight, Ren, has arrived. A meeting held for your unity goes on in headquarters, please, this way." the maid directs her toward a guarded opening, bearing red soldiers adjourned with spears, whips, and all sorts of nasties.

"No...no,no,no" Rey debated. " This cannot be happening, Leia...Leia told me she found a foreigner, a foreigner with power useful to the resistance, in exchange for my hand, I assumed it was a harmless alien but... No..."

She had dreamed of leaving with a band of soldiers, arriving to aid the resistance and its last jedi, Luke Skywalker, after her so-called "marriage". This plan was a fad of course, for she would never, under any circumstances, marry expecting something materialistic in return, much less one with no mutual feelings exchanged.

"Rey". She knew that voice... that voice was... she turned around only to face the one and only, General Leia of the Resistance force, former princess of Alderaan, known for her relation to the Skywalkers.

"Rey" she called out again. "I suppose I owe you an apology." she stated. " I'm sorry, my dear child, but you were the only one I could put up for an exchange. Ben wanted you... for reasons he only knows, but he promised to momentarily stop with the killings, if only for a little bit" she glances to her ever present son. "Rey, listen...if you continue with this marriage... the First Order and the Resistance shall both operate in peace and... balance, being the wife of Ben will insure your place as... empress of the First Order."

"You mean insure the resistance's place" Rey opposed "My head on that throne secures your safety, your position, your... power." she spat.

"No! Rey, please, please I beg you, he bargained many lives for your hand, this has nothing to do with power." The General took her hand. Rey was taken aback at how cold her hands were, no warmth circulated her fingers. "Please" The General pleaded once more, her eyes surrounded by folds, leaving a stern imprint, yet her eyes, were masked with assurance, guilt, and desperation.

Rey was deep in thought, estimating the pros and cons, projecting her concerns and then... "A.. Alright" She mustered. "I'll do it" She tried to project her determination, which she knew failed in the end.

Rey had felt as if she had said the words "Ready, set, go", initiating the start of a race. A dangerous race in her case though, she thought.

She was swept toward the entrance as soon as she said the word, side by side with General Leia and was confronted with an hour-long meeting. A meeting concerning her marriage with erm... Ben Solo. She was still uneasy with the idea, given the fact that it was given to her just moments ago.

Her future "partner" had arrived, casted in the darkness of his suit. Although faceless, she knew he had been one of the many onlookers with her ramble with Leia. She had tried to detect him, through their force bond, but she had been unsuccessful. She was curious. Curious of what he might think, of what he might.. feel. Afterall, he had been the one to set up this mess. Degrading, she thought. This was highly degrading for her, marrying a tantrum matic, psycho maniac who leaves a trail of death and light-saber slash marks wherever he goes. A spoiled brat of a man who was low enough to kill his own father just at a single utter of a word by his tyrannical so-called supre-

Enough, Rey. a voice pierced through her mind. He was in her head.