Chocolate Kisses

Leo's POV:

I reach out to grab the last packet of chocolate Kisses. Another hand lands on mine as it went for the chocolate at the same time.

You see, it's the day after Valentine's Day...

I shudder at the thought of that dreaded holiday. I turn towards the hand and was about to give this person a piece of my mind.

The guy was huge! Built like a skyscraper. What the fuck?! His eyes were sky blue and he had blonde hair. How fitting. God dammit. Why'd he had to look like a blonde Superman?

I blush. "Sorry, you can have them." he spoke with a smile and a low baritone that sent shivers down my spine.

"Uh, gracias." I blurt out and grabbed the chocolates.

I was about to leave when I heard. "You're welcome."

My conscious decided to make itself present. You're going to be selfish, really? You're mean. It told me.

Why'd he had to be nice? I ask myself.

I turn around to face him. I blushed and bit my lip. "I—I um...would you maybe like to share them? It's just—they're my favorite and you can only get these, the truffle kind of course," I wave a hand about in the air. "Around Valentine's—" he cut me off from rambling by placing a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up at him. I'm not kidding, I had to tilt my head a bit. " Seriously, how tall is this dude?" I thought.

He laughed. "I'm 6 foot 1 inch," he said. "The weather is fine, thanks." he continued joking. "Plus, I'm kind of loving the view I'm getting right now in front of me." he winked.

I blush again. Is he hitting on me?

"They're my favorite too. I get it. I'm Jason by the way." he said sticking his hand out.

"Leo." I reply as I take his hand in mine.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled and I noticed the crinkles next to his eyes when he did so. "We should go pay for these." He said. I nodded.

We walked toward the cash register.

"How would you like to pay for this, Sir?" asked the teenage girl behind the cash register. She looked about seventeen and she had warm eyes, unlike Barbara from register 10. She was a crabby old lady with wispy white hair and bad dentures. She had beady eyes that reminded me of the witch from Snow White.

"We'll split it. Thanks." I hear from behind me and I turn to see Jason. I look at him shocked.

"You—You don't have to do that," I tell him. "I can pay." I state.

"No, but I want to. Plus we're sharing." He said handing his card to...Sarah.(I read her name-tag.) before I could protest.

I pout at him as I pay the second half.

"Here's your chocolate," she said handing me that bag and the receipt. "I hope you guys have a great day! You look cute together, just FYI!" she shouts at us as we started walking away.

My cheeks heat up as I turn to clarify. "We—We are n—" Jason wraps his arm around my shoulders and continues to lead me out.

"Thanks for everything!" he yells back at her.

I pouted again. He looks at me as soon as we were out.

"I hope you didn't drive," I raise a brow at him. "I didn't." he added.