Chapter 1 - Simple Beginnings

In a world where dragons and monsters are a  common danger, and small villages dot the landscape, along with large trading towns, which are less frequent. Five friends live in a small farming village, named Garu, where they make money off of the milk, hide, and meat off of their cows. Life is pretty normal and boring, there's not much of a threat from monsters or bandits or raiders, because it's not a very rich village, and there's really no point in attacking it unless monsters just wanna be mean for the sake of being mean. The five friends, Shinzu, Khara, Mae, Harai, and Eleia, are doing their normal duties, tending to the cows, managing hay, fetching water from the well. Shinzu has dirty blond hair down to her shoulders, which curls up a lot near the ends. She has dark blue eyes on the edges and near the middle is a bit green.  She is quite random in her conversations and jokes, which everyone seems to find mostly funny, but concerning sometimes. She has a slight rivalry with Mae, but it only makes their bond stronger. Khara  has long dark brown hair down to her waist. She has piercing brown eyes that seem to stare straight into your soul, but they also look strangely understanding. She gets people a lot more than others and accepts pretty much anyone as long as they don't hurt her or her friends. Mae has short brown hair, barely touching her neck. She has a stance that shows her as sure of herself and takes charge as leader a lot, even though no one really sees her as leader; but accept her as careful and smart. Harai has shorter dark brown hair than Mae, but not by much.  Her eyes are also brown, but are lighter than everyone else's, they have a more childish tint to them. She's nice and funny to everyone else and doesn't get mad easily. Eleia has lighter brown hair than the others except for Shinzu. She has soft, olive colored eyes. She's accepting of people and is pretty much never seen angry. The small village is very tiny and only about 20 people live there. There's five houses. Then a large open grass area for the cows. There's no fence and they just wander where ever, never straying too far. The villagers have never really seen anything outside of the tiny village. The five friends tend to their many daily chores, talking and joking in between their duties, often getting yelled at by their parents for slacking off. One day, they all get up and meet in the middle of the village. They get in a circle and decide they will work hard for the next few months for money and extra food, then set off for the closest bigger village to buy supplies. After staying so long in the tiny village, they all want to adventure and fight monsters. It seems childish to their parents, but they accept that the friends won't take no as an answer. After a few months of working hard, Shinzu's father gives them a map.

Note - So, this is my first time ever publicly putting one of my stories online. I usually write so I can understand, I don't usually write specifically for others to read, so sorry if I misspell something or completely fail at descriptions, or even have a sentence that just shouldn't exist. Also, I've written multiple chapters already, so I'm just going to post a few pieces at a time. There will probably be no scheduled posts, so just bare with me. That's all, thanks for reading! ~Syd