Sick Day

Requested by: @IsaLor01

<<Sick!Kid!Adrien X Babysitter!Reader>> My apologies for not updating sooner. My excuse: I haven't been to motivated not inspired to continue the one-shot for a bit. I'm not sad or depressed or anything of that sort. I'm just purely lazy.

It was the middle of the night and Adrien was laying wide awake on his bed, miserable and stuffy with tissues littered all over his floor. He was tired, his nose was red, he kept coughing which made his throat sore, his body ached, his stomach was killing him, and he couldn't sleep due to his clogged nose. He had skipped out on dinner, and was now practically starving. He was about to call his favorite (only) babysitter when they entered the room themselves. They went to check-up on his temperature. They had been his personal nanny for quite some time, and they knew precisely how to deal with a sick Adrien.

They had some homemade chicken noodle soup encased in one hand and a cup of water in the other as they walked in to find the coughing little boy. They frowned a bit in sympathy and walked up to his side of the bed. Adrien immediately noticed them and sat up in his place while eyeing the bowl.

"Greetings, Mr. Agreste. I figured you might've been a little hungry, considering you refused dinner earlier." they greeted, they placed the bowl on the bedside table. "Awww, c'mon (Mrs./Mr.) (Y/N)! I already told you that you don't have to call me Mr.  Agreste! It makes me feel weird..." said boy wined. "And I told you that you don't have to address me as (Mr./Mrs.). It makes me feel old for my fabulously young age." they responded, dramatically placing a hand on their hip and the other on their forehead, knowing they'd rile a laugh out of the young boy.

They were successful when Adrien laughed, but then grew concerned as he began violently coughing. (Y/N) leaned forward a bit and lightly pat Adrien on the back. When he stopped, his throat was even more sore than before. (Y/N) gingerly reached for the still warm soup and handed it to him slowly. "Here," they said, "the broth will help soothe the throat." He looked even more tired and sore as he slowly and carefully raised the bowl to his lips and drank from it.

"The soup has some medicine that will help with the sickness. Here," they turned and reached for the spoon and handed it to him, "eat up. Then you'll have to get some sleep so your body has time to recover." said (Y/N). "But I can't sleep.." Adrien trailed off. "I figured, so the soup also has some nighttime medicine to make you sleep." they replied.

Adrien looked down and finished the soup. He drank his water and put it back on the bedside table. He looked at (Y/N) with hopeful eyes and asked, "Can you please please please read me a bedtime story? It'll help me sleep!!". (Y/N) looked at him a moment before considering it. He should be sleeping, they thought. But he's sick and it's my job to make sure he gets better. "Ugh, fine." they sighed. "Yay!" Adrien celebrated.

"Go pick out a book." they said. "Can you tell me one not from a book? Like a fairy tale or legend?" Adrien questioned. There weren't many stories that (Y/N) could come up with that the boy probably hadn't heard many times before. Then it came to them.

"This is a story that my grandfather told me many times, and I'm not sure if you've heard of it before, but I'll tell it anyway." they said. "This is the tale of Miraculous: Ladybug and Chat Noir..." this grabbed his attention. As (Y/N) told this story of two teenage students in high school, all the while never mentioning their names, Adrien was beginning to doze off, and by the time (Y/N) was about to get to the part where the main characters were about to reveal themselves, they felt a weight on their side.

Adrien was out cold. (Y/N) chuckled and got up. They led the little boy's head to his pillow and covered him up. They yawned and looked at the time. It was well into the morning. Thay sighed, picked up the dishes, and headed towards the kitchen. There wasn't anyone there, so they put the dishes away and went their place.

They yawned and finally got in bed to sleep. Before they drifted away completely, the smiled to themselves and thought that maybe it was best that he fell asleep before the reveal. He shouldn't know before he even got his Miraculous, but it's not like he'd even remember the story before it's time anyway. They finally were knocked out, and Adrien was a lot better in the morning.

Word count: 830

Stay Miraculous!