Prologue

~

"So even if, something could happen, we go for it. Cause what if, for ten minutes maybe even for just two minutes, we're not alone" Moose spoke softly, his breath haggard, from the pain he was in after being shot by the Black Hood.

Kevin smiled softly, feeling a bit emotional at everything that was going on in their town. There was so much he wanted to say, but couldn't. Moose was with Midge, and whatever they had on that one night near Sweetwater River, was history. The doe-eyed boy nodded a few times, placing a moose plush on the edge of the hospital bed.

"Glad you're feeling better, I better get going" he said quickly, turning away as he faintly heard Moose saying something about him being welcome to come back so they could hang out.

If Kevin Keller knew anything about self-respect, he knew he deserved more than wishful thinking and ten minutes of bliss with the popular jock.

But did he know?

~~~

"I see the way you look at him, and it's kind of cute actually, sad but cute. You deserve more than a side fling, Keller" the serpent remarked, smiling a small half-smile. Patting the doe-eyed boy on the shoulder, he left Pop's diner, saluting him in a light manner, before the entrance bell jangled, signaling his departure.