Napatitig lang ako sa kanya. He was not trying to prove a point here with the subject of winning or losing. This sly fox just wanted to say those words.

This commander might be annoying with his silly and cheesy words, but I am starting to get used to it. At hindi ko na nagagawang pigilan ang sarili kong reaksyon sa mga salitang binibitawan niya sa akin.

I shook my head. "Let's end this conversation. I forgot something." Tinalikuran ko na siya. I have to hide my flushed face.

Hinawakan niya ang braso ko at iniharap niya ako sa kanya. "Forgot what?"

Saglit kong sinalubong ang mga mata niya ngunit agad rin akong nag-iwas. "Let me go."

"Where are you going? Aren't we having a conversation?"

I took a deep breath. "You've won, Peter."

His brows creased. "Huh?"

"Do I need to voice it out? You know what I mean."

"What is that?" mas lalong kumunot ang noo niya.

Nagsisimula na akong mairita sa kanya. We're thinking it the same, right? He's been asking me that inside the tent. The flowers, the serenade, and those words. Isn't he asking for that confirmation?

Is he an idiot? He couldn't just expect me to give him those usual words of women. I shook my head.

"You've won, Commander Armstrong. You and I," iritado ko nang hinila ang braso ko sa kanya. "You've been insisting it!"

Unti-unting nanlaki ang mga mata niya nang tuluyan nang pumasok sa isipan niya ang ibig kong sabihin. He took two steps backward, gasped, and covered his mouth in surprise.

He shook his head and brushed his hair frustratingly. "You could have said yes, 'I am your girlfriend now.' But you're really giving me an answer in a very unromantic way, Behati. You're really an impossible woman. I am starting to wonder if I recently entered a raffle."

"Shut up."

He chuckled. "We better go. Don't worry, I will not force you to say it." Inilahad niya ang kamay niya sa akin.

Nang abutin ko ang kamay ni Pedro ay isang malakas na tikhim ang umagaw sa atensyon namin. It was Engr. Wright, hands on his waist, and he looked unhappy with our sight.

"How long are you going to make these kids your audiences? You are really just like your father, Peter." Tumawa si Pedro sa sinabi ni Engr. Wrights.

"Hi, kids. Do you know what happened a while ago? That wasn't a kiss. I was just removing a mosquito on her face."

Umawang ang bibig ni Engr. Wright sa sinabi ni Pedro. At napapamura na ako sa aking isipan. He's an idiot.

"We need to go, Engr. Wrights. And to you, my little boys and girls, go home. Thank you so much." Ngumiti ang mga bata at nagtakbuhan na sila palayo sa amin.

Tipid lang sumulyap si Peter kay Engr. Wrights, hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at marahan niya iyong inangat. "I know that you're not part of UASA anymore, but can you keep this as a secret?"

Hindi pa man nagsasalita si Engr. Wrights ay nagsalita na si Peter. "Thank you! We have to go."

I nodded at Engr. Wrights and let Peter pulled me. Naglalakad na kami sa ibinigay na direksyon sa amin nang magsalita na ulit si Peter.

"Do you love the flowers?"

"Yes."

"I picked them for you to show that aside from the humans there are still plants living in this country after that tragedy. You saved so much, Behati."