19: "Leave me alone."

Start from the beginning

And just like that, he walks away with his hands in his pockets.

---

Rey's POV

I watch the door close behind him, and for a few moments, my head is completely blank. I don't know how to react, or what he meant.

Then, after everything finally starts making sense and I repeat his words in my head, a wave of anger rushes through me. How dare he? How fucking dare he?! I was trying to make everything okay between us and he can't fucking accept it?

Maybe I was never the problem. He was.

And then it downs on me. It has always been so simple.

He's a fucking player. He's a player who has always slept around and never committed and gave me false hope.

And I was the fool who fell for him and thought that I was the problem, when I was actually just too blinded by the attraction I felt towards him to notice that he was taking me for granted.

And I deserve more. Even though I don't have someone right now like Niall does, that doesn't mean I can be happy alone. I need to learn to be alone, love myself, and only after I feel complete just being by myself will I be truly happy.

I put the cigarette out in the ashtray before I head back to the club. And even though I know that kissing Bryan would just seem like I'm trying to prove something to Niall, I'm doing it because I fucking want to and I am doing it for myself.

Bryan and I kiss and dance for a while, and to be honest it's the most fun I've had in weeks, so I just let myself do it.

"I've got some E, do you want some?" he whispers in my ear and I nod.

So I follow him out into the VIP smoking area and we go into a far corner, where he pulls out a tiny plastic bag that contains two quarters of a full pill.

"You take one and I'll take one." He says and I smile, before I take one quarter out and hold it between my fingers.

"Are you a fucking idiot mate?" Niall's voice echoes from behind us before he's right there next to us. "We have a drug test next week."

Then he looks at me. "What the fuck are you thinking?" he asks me and I flip him off.

"Piss off Niall, I'm not yours to worry about." I tell him, before I actually place the pill on my tongue and swallow it.

I've tried Ecstasy before and it wasn't that bad, because I took the same amount I took just now.

I leave the two of them to argue, and ten minutes later, I already feel the effects of the tiny pill through my body. I am absolutely happy and feel like I'm in heaven, so I go down to the dancefloor between all the bodies and start dancing live I've never danced before.

By the time Jake and Sophia find me on the dancefloor, I'm completely sweaty and smiling. My lungs and throat hurt from how loud I screamed along to Cardi B, Rihanna and G-Eazy.

"Are you high?" Jake laughs and I nod.

"I am hiiiigh-ppy." I say, trying to make 'high' and 'happy' into only one word.

"Jesus Rey, what did you take?" Sophia asks, and I'm suddenly angry because it sounds like she's judging me.

"I just took a happy pill, leave me be." I argue and pull my arm away from her grip. It's so annoying when you're happy and people want to shit all over it because they can't get on your level of happiness.

"Am I saying the word happy too many times?" I ask Jake before we both burst out laughing.

"See? This is why I love you Jake. You always support me." I tell him and hug him. Sophia seems extremely offended and hurt, so she marches off. I can't feel bad right now, but I know that as soon as the drug wears off I'll feel really bad.