Tips to help YOU

That's right- artistic tips to help you improve.

Note that these are simply my personal inspect. This is how I feel would help improve quicker for many. Do not take these as facts.

1. Practice. I know you probably hear this a lot. But it's true- just practicing every day will really help you improve. Not only are you finding what you're most comfortable with throughout, but little by little, you're growing. Your mind is evolving.

2. Realism. Drawing realism- whether it be trees, still life, people, rocks, or a sunset- helps you with anatomy, and all-out concept. This also helps with shading, and flows.

3. References. This is really important. The human brain can only remember so much. And usually, it likes to hold on to personal memories. Normally, we capture sounds better. They click faster. While with images, we have to focus. A great thing to do while drawing or painting or sculpting is looking at references.

Do not!!
I repeat, DO NOT..
trace over bases. That is one of the worst things to do. Most bases do not capture correct anatomy, and are much too common. Do something fresh. I don't think most people realize that tracing over actual art is slightly better then tracing bases. You capture expressions better, and you get to try different styles and see what you're comfortable with.

Just, you know, claim that it's not originally yours.
That's stealing.

Always admit what you're doing.

Okay, I think that's good.