13

Allie's POV

I sat on a swing in the dark, swaying back and forth in silence. I looked at my phone, 9:03.

I wonder if he'll come? He probably doesn't want to see me. I know he is bad at confrontation and I hurt him. He has no reason to see me anyways-

"Allie?"

I turned around and saw a panting Geoff walking towards me. He sat on a swing next to me and grabbed the chains beside him. Neither of us said anything, just sat. I saw him look over at me then get up. Is he leaving?

"Where are you going?"

He didn't answer, but went behind me and grabbed my swing pulling me back.

"Geoff!"

He pulled me back all the way and I grabbed the swing chains and started yell-laughing. He started running forward and pushed me into the air, laughing. I closed my eyes and giggled harder than I thought possible. He repeated the process a few more times before i jumped off mid-air and rolled on the ground.

I laid on my back and calmed down and Geoff laid next to me. We laid down in silence for a few minutes before I sat up.

"Remeber when we came here with the guys and you tried to ride a skateboard down the slide?"

"Oh god"

"It slipped out right from under you. You fell down and went down the slide backwards. The rest of us were dying laughing"

"My back hurt for days, I almost cried I was so embarrassed," I looked back down and him. He was covering his face in shame and I smiled at his blush. I could always see it even if it was dark.

I looked down and started thinking about the boy next to me. Despite all that happened, he was still so sweet to me. I love him, but do I tell him? Fuck it, I could die any day. I don't want to live with any regrets.

"Geoff, I love you"

"I love you, too"

"No, love-love you," I said, still looking at the ground.

Geoff sat up and moved over to me.

"Thank god, I haven't had the balls to tell you that"

We laughed and he put his arm around me. I started thinking, too much. I thought about me never being able to have a life with Geoff because of my disease. Before I could stop myself, tears started falling down my cheeks. Geoff must've noticed because he quickly looked at me then moved in front of me.

"Hey, it's okay"

Geoff hugged me close to him and let me sob into his chest. His arms wrapped tight around my body as I shook.

"It's not Geoff, all I wanted was a life with you and now that's not gonna happen"

Geoff pulled my face away from his chest so he could look at me in the eyes, "Allie, it doesn't matter what happens, I'm here and you're here. That's all that matters."

"Will you wait for me?" I asked him.

"I would wait for you forever"

His thumbs wiped tears off of my face and he slowly inched closer to me. Just like the first time we kissed, I got butterflies in my stomach making me feel sick. His warm slightly-chapped lips brushed my own then came into full contact with mine. I grabbed his face and he grabbed my waist, us both pulling each other closer. I pulled away and hugged him.

"Thank you, Geoff"

"For what?"

"Being you"