Chapter 1: A Kingdom's Fall

It was early. Just dawn. Everyone was asleep in the castle. Except for Crystal. She knew both of her parents were bit by a dragon viper and would die soon. It would be her responsibility to take care of the kingdom. Being a dragonet, it was terrible.

"How can I do this?!"

Then she noticed something. A group of dragons that were large but fast. Dragons were lying on the ground all around the areas they went through, unconscious, no wait, dead. It was horrifying. They moved and looked like shadows. One looked up. His eyes were red with the same shadowy black swirling through it.

He hissed and the others looked up. They thought of her as just another thing. They didn't listen to that dragon's concern. She knew she had to protect her people, but if she didn't leave, she wouldn't have a chance.

The things she got were a fire and ice proof cape, - which she strapped around her neck - a staff with a magical crystal, some fish, and a few scrolls. There was one thing to bring left to protect her kingdom - her parent's crown. Running over to their room, she tried to keep the panic out of her voice.

"Mother, Father? There are strange dragons outside... I-I don't know exactly what they're doing... But.... Everyone's dying.... I know I need to leave as quickly as possible, b-but I'm scared...." She said, shaking. Her mother looked up weakly, due to whatever sudden sickness she and the King had come down with.

"It's okay Crystal. I swear I felt them.... The Shadowdemons.... Just go, please. If you can run, then everyone won't be forced under their their tyranny..." She told Crystal, giving her a sad smile, "I believe in you...."

Her claws trembled as she took them, while crying.

"I'm sorry..." Crystal said, putting the crowns in her bag.

"Go! They're close, I can hear them!" Her father warned her, his eyes starting to tear up.

She flew out the window, bursting into tears. Quickly looking down in her bag, she noticed one of her scrolls, the one about the prophecy. Thinking of it, she realized that she might be in it. There wasn't an IceWing princess, and someone could freeze her soul and she wouldn't care at the moment. Almost out of sight from the castle, she heard screams of pain, and then a furious, unearthly roar. Fighting back more tears, she flew on.

"If you ever have to leave quickly because the kingdom because of you possibly being in danger, fly to Pyrria," her brother, Blizzard had told her many moons ago. So, she started her long journey....

~le time skip~

After hours of flying, Pyrria was finally in sight. By the three moons... Finally! Crystal flew down and was thankful for solid ground under her claws. Finally able to relax a bit, she ate raw fish and curled up on the sand, falling asleep.

If only she noticed the Seawing swimming towards her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She might meet another queen soon, or, is Crystal a queen or not. I mean, she's still a dragonet.

But her story is so sad....  I mean the whole weight of the kingdom plus your parents are dying!? Include the whole "die and fail your kingdom" or "leave and leave them with..." (Then again, at the point I've updated it, it's nothing compared to a few of my other stories X3)

So tell me how much you like this so far and thanks for reading!!!

~ Dragon