Episode 14

Bambi's PoV-

A knocking at the door to Ciel's room woke me. From the small groan beside me, I could tell it woke him up as well. I opened my eyes, looking towards the door to see Sebastian poking his head in. "He's on the move." The demon said, making Ciel sit up immediately. "Good. Let's follow him." Ciel glanced towards me, tilting his head towards the door slightly as a sign for me to come along as well. With a reluctant sigh, I climbed out from under the covers and padded down the hall to my room, getting changed into my uniform and grabbing my scarf and coat.

As we approached the front door, a set of hurried footsteps caught my ear. I look over to my right, just in time to see Soma opening the door right beside me. "Take me with you!" He cried, a small pout on his face. "You?!" Ciel scowled, his eyes hardening into a glare. "I've known all along that Agni was going out after I went to bed. I want to know what he's doing!" The prince said, crossing his arms.

*****

We were in front of a large manor. Not as big as the Phantomive manor, but not as small as the townhouse. I shivered from the cold, my thin jacket not being enough to keep me warm. "Who lives here?" I heard Soma ask. I looked over to the others and saw Ciel glance Soma's way for a brief moment before looking back towards the manor. "This is Harold West Jeb's estate. He handles a wide range of import goods from India. He also owns stores, a coffeehouse, and the like." It was hard not to smile at Ciel. He just looked so adorable in his oversized winter jacket. We were looking around the corner of a stone wall as we all watched Agni walk through the front gate.

"I've met him once. He's disgustingly obsessed with status." Ciel's words made me frown. Is he really that bad? I thought to myself. "People at the coffeehouse were trussed and hung upside-down, but since Mr. West, its representative, happened to be away, he escaped unharmed." Sebastian revealed, making me scowl. Happened to be away, huh? Seems fishy to me. "Happened to be away, eh?" Lau asked, giving a small smirk. I just said that....granted he couldn't hear me but...still... I pouted mentally.

"Shall we have a look?" Ciel suggested, looking up towards his demon. The butler bowed and muttered, Very good, my lord." Suddenly, arms were around my waist and I looked up to see Sebastian's grinning face. Ciel was under his other arm. "Oh, great." I muttered sarcastically, trying hard not to let out a shriek as Sebastian launched off the ground and jumped over the fence.

We all snuck inside, tip-toeing through the darkened halls of the house. I gulped softly and moved slightly closer to Ciel. The quiet halls were beginning to scare me. After awhile, we came across a closed door. Light shone from the crack in the bottom and I reached up carefully, wrapping my hand around the golden knob. Twisting cautiously, I pulled open the door, just a smidge. We all stuck our faces into the little room, Ciel's head above mine as I lay down on the ground, Ciel on his knees, straddling my back, and the rest standing over us, crowding the door. I blushed, thankful for the darkness, as I tried to ignore the position Ciel and I were in.

"Why not have a Scotch and relax? It's top-notch Scotch from Justerini & Brooks, holders of the Royal Warrant." A tall man in a dark brown trench coat handed Agni a glass filled with what I can only assume is the Scotch he was speaking of. The servant was sitting on a deep purple couch, stiff and silent. The room was mostly barren in the middle, just two of the purple couches and a small, round, table next to the one Agni was sitting on.

The man pulled the glass away with a soft sigh. "Our plans so far have been perfect. You've done well for me, Agni." He smirked, his combed back blonde hair looked almost shiny under the light of the chandelier above their heads. He held newspaper clippings in one hand as he walked around the couch to stand in front of the manservant. "You don't have to string up any more people. We've crushed all of my major rivals." A dark, intimidating look was on the man's face as he tossed the papers down by Agni. He bent down and grabbed a hold of Agni's bandaged hand. "With this godly right hand, the Royal Warrant is as good as mine."