12: Set Up

"Hey Kris," I smile at my science partner as I sit beside him.

"Hey," He says, looking up from his book. "You've been acting happy for a while lately. Did something happen?"

I hesitate. Kris is my best friend. If all of the EXO boys know, then it wouldn't hurt if Kris knew too, right?"

"Come here," I whisper, pulling him in towards me.

He leans his ear up to my mouth, and I tell him.

"What?!" His loud voice makes the class turn around and stare at us.

"Sorry," I smile apologetically at all of the other students, making them turn back around to what they were doing.

"What the hell do you mean you're going out with Kai?" He whispers at me.

"I don't know, it just happened," I shrug my shoulders.

He sighs, a hand running through his brown hair. "I don't like the idea of you dating him, but I don't guess I can stop you."

I smile at him. "I'll be fine! It's not like anything bad is going to happen!"

I shrug off his worry and concern, and go back to my work.

Why would he not like me dating him?

***

Its at the very end of the day, and I'm heading to my locker. I plan on putting my books up, and then heading home to relax.

As I open my locker, something falls to my feet. I look down, and notice that it's a piece of folded paper.

"What's this?" I ask, looking around at my fellow students. No one seems to be looking at me, so I don't guess that any of them were expecting me to get something in my locker.

I slide my history book into the metal bin, and open the note. There's a guy's handwriting on it, and I read what it says.

Somi,

Meet me around at the side of the school after class. I'm waiting.

-Kai

Why does he want to meet me there? I close the locker door and crumble the paper in my hand. That's kind of strange...

I figure that if Kai had wrote this, I wouldn't want him to be waiting. Besides, I don't see the harm in just going to check out the side of the school anyway.

I adjust my backpack strap and walk out of the double doors. My hands immediately go into my hoodie pocket because of the cold.

Winter is coming way too fast. I hate the winter.

As I get closer to the side of the school, I notice that the amount of people around severely drops. There's nearly no one besides a few people, and they're getting in their cars ready to leave.

The side of the school happens to be an alleyway which is dark, despite it being broad daylight. There's various trash bags and empty beer bottles littering the area.

Why are there beer bottles at the school?

"Kai?" I ask, and there's no reply. I start getting a sense of déjà vu. If he's trying to scare me again, he's really going to get a beating.

I keep walking until I reach the end of the alley, a brick wall meeting me.

Kai isn't here. Something is off.