I realized that Thea was also in my magic and spells class but I couldn't really pay attention throughout the lesson I always found that no matter how much I tried to stop it, my mind drifted back to Shade and the prophecy. I racked my brain trying to find answers to why he affected me so much but came up dry, was he intentionally hurting me? Do I affect him in the same way? If I did he sure doesn't show it.

Once the class had finally finished I made my way over to dragons and riding to be greeted by Chase, Orpheus, and Verity. I was looking forward to learning more about dragons and what they could do but again, I couldn't focus, but one thing  I did learn was that, although Obsidian cannot talk directly to me, we can share emotions with each other to let the other know what we are feeling which explained why I momentarily forgot the Shade situation  and calmed down when I first met Obsidian, he was giving me his cheerful emotions.

We spent our second break looking through old books that were scattered around our common rooms but found nothing.

"We could check the library out tomorrow?" Suggested Thea.

"Good idea" I replied plainly, losing all hope that such a book would be lying around the common rooms. 

We continued to search through the remaining books before leaving for lessons.

*-*

"Please cheer up" begged Chase as we made our way to lunch after a couple more hours of lesson time.

I shot him a glare and Orpheus elbowed him lightly in the side.

"What? You're sending your emotions through the link and it's making me feel all depressed" whined Chase defensively.

I looked at him, Max and Zack,  and noticed that they all looked miserable.

"Sorry," I said giving them a weak smile.

"We need to do something fun!" Shouted Alexis who had joined us from her combat class.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking although I knew she was right I couldn't keep letting my mood affect my friends.

"Yeah!" Agreed Chase

"What'd you have in mind?" Asked Thea.

"I did see a lake..." began Chase.

"Perfect!" Called Max " we can go after lunch"

Chase stopped dead in his tracks and sighed.

"Haven't you ever heard that you shouldn't swim after eating?" He asked placing his hands on his hips.

Max stopped at looked at him confused.

"Jeez Max, I thought you were meant to be the sensible one" he smirked.

"You do realize that that rule doesn't apply to us, being supernatural everything is sped up" grinned Max.

Chases face reddened.

"Couldn't you have let me have my moment?" he whined dropping his arms and tilting his head to the side in a pout.

We all laughed and Max ruffled his hair before running ahead down the corridor.