Jackass (Chapter 6)

Start from the beginning

“I don’t want to dance.” she hissed pushing away his face. 

“Come on one dance.” he insisted.

“She said she doesn’t want to dance.” Lance pulled back his fist and threw it across his body full force. Jessica cringed at the cracking noise. Lance shook his hand loosely watching as the man fell on the floor grabbing his nose. Jessica looked up at Lance who was standing tall, his jaw set and teeth clenched. 

“Lance.” Jessica spoke in a small voice. He shot her an angered glance which send her heading for the hills. 

“Home. Now.” he ordered and Jessica was being pulled out of the bar. Lance didn’t look back at her once and she kept moving on looking down at her feet with out protest.  She felt like a child being dragged out of a candy store after stealing.

As they reached the car Lance let go of her hand and she rubbed the spot where he had grabbed her. Jessica felt small under his maddening glare. She did not dare to look up but her curiosity got the best of her. When she did lifted her head to look him in the eyes, she wanted to squirm back into a rock. His blue eyes were steel which sent chills down her spine. It felt awful to be looked upon like that and oddly it turned her on. 

“Leave it to you to start a bar fight in the middle of the day.” he groaned. Jessica swallowed down her pride and looked away. “What were you thinking? you’re a risk taker fine, but I didn’t know you were an idiot as well.” he spat and she cowered at the level of his voice. Jessica was strong she didn’t let anyone speak to her like that, she never cried but haring him say such words made her heart ache. Tears burned her eyes threatening to spill. 

“You just can’t sit still and-” 

“I get it okay?! I made a stupid mistake. Just take me home.” Jessica yelled back looking at him straight in the eyes. Lance’s eyes soften at her red rimmed eyes. She was crying. Feeling terrible Lance slid into his seat turning his car around and they sped home. 

As soon as the car stopped in front of her house Jessica rushed out leaving her shoes in the car. Lance sighed feeling cruel and miserable. Yes it was partially her fault but he didn’t have to yell at her. It wasn’t like she wanted to be molested. Lance gritted his teeth, surprised at his fury. His anger was justifiable; when he saw that bastards hands on her he couldn’t control himself. A tight knot had built inside of him just waiting to explode and it had felt so good to lose it and throw his fist. Lance had heard his nose break and was more than satisfied. Still that wasn’t enough. His anger took him by surprise and took a long time to shimmer down.

He had hurt Jessica and he felt terrible. Running his hands through his hair and got out of the car pulling out Jessica’s wedges. He strung them around his hands and walked into the front lawn.

“Hello there stranger.” Megan called from behind him. Lance gave her a small smile as she hugged him. “I know we don’t work together any more doesn’t mean you can get away with not calling.” she pushed him slightly. He grinned and roughed up her hair. She frowned but it passed away just as quick.

“ Sorry, seems like I’ve been upsetting a lot of girls lately.” he sighed but smiled at his friend. It had certainly been a long time since they had spoken. Lily contacted him almost every other day, but that was because that was Lily. She made sure she stayed in touch with every one of them. Sure she made some mistakes but all was forgiven. Besides if she hadn’t done what she did Kim wouldn’t be marrying Ian. So everyone lived happily ever after, or they will, soon. 

“Uh huh. Still not getting any action?” she asked. Her hair was curly as ever and he wanted remember those days when they would spend hours and hours making jokes at each other, but with their time schedules it was hard to meet up.

“No I’ve been getting plenty.” he smirked remembering the afternoon. 

“I see.” she said suspiciously. Lance raised his hands in front of him grinning like a boy.

“Nothing of that sorts, it’s a long story. I’ll you over coffee.” he said. Megan shrugged and gave him her new number.

“Alright I’m here to see Kim, are you coming in?” she asked. Lance looked donw at his hands and shook his head.

“ Actually you go ahead, and Megan can you please give these to Jessica? She left them in my car.” Lance handed her the shoes. Megan looked down at them and then at him questioning him silently.

“Long story.” he said and walked to his car. Maybe he should Let things cool down before he made an attempt of  apologizing. He wasn’t even sure he was going to say sorry. For now Lance wanted nothing but to go home and sleep. He could speak to Jessica tomorrow.