Ash (Rainbow Six Siege)

Ash
Rainbow Six Siege
Based on the Outbreak Event

You sat on the floor of the base, the blood of innocents stained across your entire body.

Oh what cruel reality this was! To turn your arms to that of those you swore to protect, and worse to wear their blood on your face like a cruel badge.

And the new recruit, oh god! How you never heard a human scream like that! His body torn asunder like mere cloth before you.

You were in a state of panic stricken shock, you sat on the floor, barely surviving the last mission into the infected town, if any positivity could be found, it would be that the hotel was cleared and Jaeger was safe.

You heard footsteps approach you, and a hand on your shoulder.

You jumped at the contact, fearing that it was another one of the red eyed beasts coming for your very soul.

You looked to see a ruby red haired maiden above you, her eyes calming the fear within you.

Her name was Ash, your senior and longtime friend.

Ash had an equal amount of blood on her, as you both barely survived the mission, of the three person team sent into the infested hotel, only you two survived.

Ash: Breathe. It's over.

You: Yeah, but it doesn't feel like it.

Ash: You couldn't save him, he ran ahead, he thought he could take them.

You put your gaze down to the floor.

You: They will never find enough.....to bury him.

Tears went down your face.

Ash: It's not your fault.

You: He looked up to me, he said that I was like his big brother, he just got out of the academy.....

You silently sobbed as Ash took your head in her arms, rubbing the back of your head gently.

After a moment, Ash spoke.

Ash: You should go to your quarters and clean up, I will set up a meeting with the psychologist for tomorrow.

You: Thank you.....

You solemnly left for your quarters, a five star hotel room that was given to your team as a base outside the quarantine zone.

You entered your quarters and turned on your shower, letting the water warm as you disrobed yourself.

As you untied your boots, you saw a picture of you, Ash, and the recruit from your time in Russia, a picture of you all enjoying got chocolate at a coffee shop on a snowy day.

You turned the picture down, trying to push away the scene of the recruit's death.

You took off your clothes down to your boxers, and were heading to get into the shower when you heard a knock at your door.

You opened to find Ash, in her pants and bra, with a towel over her shoulders.

You: Ash? What are you doing here?

Ash: I was worried about you so I decided to check in, can I come in? I don't want people to see me in my bra.

You both giggled at Ash's remark, and you let her in.

Ash: You were just getting in the shower?

You: Yeah, I already went through the decontamination procedures, but I felt that a normal shower would help too.

Ash: Right.....I was going to take one in my room but I got worried about you.

You: Oh.....

Your mind trailed off on a lewd thought, of all times to think in that manner, now was a terrible time.

You: If you wanted to.....

You froze with the thought of Ash's bare figure trailing through your mind.

Ash blushed lightly, realizing what you were trying to say.

Ash: I mean.....it would be nice, like that time in the hot springs in Japan.

You: If your okay with it.

Ash nodded in agreement, and you both stripped bare.

You let Ash in the shower first, and followed behind her.

You tried not to be so close to Ash, but the shower was only meant for one, so your bodies rubbed each other as you moved.

Ash held her face to the water with a graceful beauty, catching you in her charm.

Thankfully, your training gave you the ability to control yourself under such "exciting" conditions.

Ash turned to you, so close that she had to look up at you to make eye contact, her body against yours.

You: Well, here we are again.

Ash: Just like Japan, huh?

You both laughed.

You: I miss those days.

Ash: Yeah, best weekend ever.

You thought for a moment.

You: Even when we.....

Ash: Yeah, even when we hooked up after the hot spring.

You blushed heavily.

Ash: Funny isn't it? After all the stops and starts, we keep coming back to these two hearts.

You: Yeah, two angels who've been rescued from the fall.

You thought for a moment.

You: I meant it.

Ash: What?

You: When we woke up the next morning, I told you I love you.

You wrapped your arms around Ash.

You: And I meant it, and I still do.

You kissed Ash deeply, and almost like a secret instinct saved just for you, she kissed back.

Curious, isn't it? That on the such a solemn occasion, marked with bloodshed and disease, that at the end of it all, two hearts found their way back to each other.

You pulled back from the kiss, looking into Ash's eyes.

Ash: I guess it's meant to be, forever you and me, after all.

You smiled and went in for another kiss.

Though you lost a dear friend, you knew that his soul was with you both, joyous at your love. He always wanted you two to be together, and with every moment you held Ash in your arms, you honored his memory.

And though you still held fear in your mind, you knew that, as long as Ash was with you, you would prevail, for ever since man evolved, one prime knowledge persisted, through time immoral.

Love, always and surely, will win.