Chapter 31; Something big

Start from the beginning

"Dude, you're Lark Everlake. How are you even the mistress?" Pogue asks with an eyebrow raised, I roll my eyes at him. He's right though.

I am Lark Everlake. How am I the mistress? What the fuck. I furrow my eyebrows and growl a little as I put the shot glass down on the bar table and wipe my mouth.

"He just put the big boy pants on." Ryder murmurs to the other guys. I roll my eyes and give him the finger as I walk right up to Kat. She seems a little surprised at my closeness. Nick is standing right next to her but I couldn't care less.

"What-"

Before she can finish, I put both hands on either side of her face and crash my lips against hers.

"What the hell?" Nick snaps, I pull away from her and take a look at her face. She seems starstruck as she stares back up my face. That felt good; to kiss her the way I did. I think the best part is that she kissed back.

"Shut up, Nick, you kissed Sydney." I reply, kat looks back at him. He clenches his jaw before leaving the crowd and walking right out the door, Sydney runs after him. Kat turns back to me and chews on her bottom lip nervously.

"What was that for?" She asks shyly, she's blushing. I grin a little before leaning back in, she closed the space. This is very different from all our other kisses.

It isn't rushed or sloppy. It's not because of a silly game or because we were caught in the moment, not because we had a quickie in her room. No. This is pure passion and need—want. The way her lips mold with mine is like putting two pieces of a puzzle together.

The kiss is sincere and slow. We pull from each other in need of air, her eyes are bright and big as she looks at me with loving look on her face.

"Lark..." I stare at her lips as she says my name. I love how she says my name, I love how her hand just fits perfectly with mine and how her lips feel when she kisses me. I love her hair, her smile and her laugh. I love her.

"Break up with Nick." I demand and her eyes widen as she takes in what I said.

"It's not that easy." She replies with a small frown. I huff in annoyance.

"It is that easy. Dile que tu me quieres." I reply with an eyebrow raised. I told her to tell him that she wants me. Kat rolls her eyes in response, she always loved when I spoke Spanish to her.

"I can't just break up with him over one of your whims. Who's to say you won't decide what's best for me and leave again?" Kat asks in a worried tone. Okay, I'll admit, that kind of hurt my heart. I frown.

"I'm never letting you go again." I reply, that changes the look on her face. She takes a deep breath.

"Well you still have my room key. We can talk later I guess."

~*~

Kats p.o.v.

After hearing those six words, I felt butterflies in my stomach and didn't even care when we got back to the hotel and Nick still hadn't joined us with Sydney.

"Goodnight." I say to everyone as I walk to the elevator with Lark in toe. When the door closes he turns to me for a moment.