Chapter twenty; first everything?

Chapter twenty.

First everything?

My eyes flutter open

My eyes flutter open. It's still dark out. My heart is still racing as it was a few hours ago. I look over and see Ryder still sound asleep next to me. I chew on my bottom lip as I think back to what happened. To the unexpected gentleness of Ryder. His soft kisses and touches, I was surprised at first. I remember how good it felt to be with him. His words coming back to my mind; "you're beautiful". Then came the regret as my mind travels to Lark. My eyebrows furrow as I stare off into the darkness, the only light being a moonlight shining into the room. Ryder had driven us to his condo which is huge. I find myself wanting to feel his arms around me, a necessity that I don't think I ever felt this strongly. So, I wrap my arms around him and his eyes open for a split second before he wraps his arms around me. With that, I forget about Lark and the issues that would follow after this.

"Sunshine?" Ryder whispers, I lift my head from his bare chest to look at him. His blue eyes look gorgeous in the light of the moon, his features enhanced due to the dark lighting but I can see the gentle smile; the same one he gave me before he....deflowered me. His hand runs through my hair. He presses a kiss to my forehead, my heart skips a beat when he does that and my breath hitches. This didn't happen with Lark which is why I'm completely shocked.

"Yeah?" I whisper back, even in this lighting I can see him studying my face carefully. He and Lark do this a lot and I don't really understand why. His thumb is running up and down my arm, sending shivers throughout my body. I stare at him for a bit longer.

"Goodnight." He whispers and I smile softly, closing my eyes again and laying on his chest. I know he's still away due to the hand stroking my hair. It's soothing and causes me to get tingles as I fall asleep.

~*~

I open my eyes, squinting them when sunlight blinds me a little. I'm alone in Ryder's bed, my clothes still sprawled out on the floor. The smell of pancakes floods my nose, I lay back in the bed for a moment longer as I contemplate walking. I sigh and search the room, throwing on a shirt that was on Ryder's bed. I walk outside and see Ryder making bacon at the stove. I smile slightly.

"Whatcha doin' there, babe?" I ask with I smile when he turns around. He grins.

"It would've been better if you said 'what's shaking bacon'" Ryder chuckles and I do a mock wince. We laugh. This feels a little too normal. It should feel awkward but it doesn't.

"I'll remember that for next time." I reply with a chuckle. But, then, I realize I said "next time". Would there be a next time? I blush when Ryder smirks wickedly.

"Sunshine, next time I won't make the same thing. You'll have to think of one on the spot." He chuckles, not denying that there will be a next time. I resist sighing in relief. He takes a bite from the bacon as he turns off the stove. I sit down at the small island he has and he sits in front of me.