epilogue.

Two years later!

"tom!" adeline yelled, groaning as their daughter continued to cry for the twelfth time that night. she couldn't seem to get eliza to sleep, no matter how hard she tried. calix, however, slept like a rock, and she was so fueled. he truly took after his namesake, being the calmest baby she had ever known.

"here, let me," tom murmured, taking the baby from her arms. almost automatically, eliza calmed down, causing adeline to mumble, "unbelievable!" tom smiled, kissing her cheek before setting their daughter back in her crib.

"she just needed her dad," he remarked, leading adeline out of the room and into theirs. "now, come back to sleep. you look exhausted."

"well, those two make it easy," she replied sarcastically, leaning into him. "mmm, and with you leaving next week for filming-"

"don't worry about it right now, babe. it's three am. plus, you know i'll be here for you as much as i can." he took her face in his hands, looking into her eyes. "i love you. you know that, right?"

"i know. i love you too." she smiled, kissing his nose before yawning. he chuckled, leading her to bed.

"let's go to bed, ade. i'll see you in the morning."

--

Sixteen years later!

"calix, don't forget your saxophone," adeline shouted as her son ran down the stairs, grabbing his keys from the counter.

"i know, mom," he replied, picking up a piece of toast from a plate before pausing to shove it in his mouth.

"eliza, let's go!" tom called as he sat at the counter, the couple sharing a look as their daughter stomped downstairs. she wasn't a morning person, which was amusing as calix was, and the two drove to school together.

"morning mom, morning dad, morning evil twin," the brunette muttered as she entered the room, earning a "hey!" from tom and a "i won't drive you!" from calix.

"joke's on you, you have to drive me. it's our car." she stuck her tongue out at her brother, not noticing the look her parents shared.

"actually..." tom started, earning both teens' attention, "we got you one of your own. we figured that you don't always want to hang out with each other, and this way you don't have to. besides, it's not like we don't have the money."

"i love you guys so much," she shouted, hugging her parents and grabbing the keys as tom held them out. "best parents ever!"

the teenagers disappeared from the house a moment later, as calix shouted about them being late. after a moment, an excited shout was heard from eliza, followed by the slamming of doors.

"and then there were two," adeline remarked, sipping her coffee with a soft smile.

"not really, though. when are you going to tell them?"

"probably saturday. you're free, right? i know we have that gala sunday, but saturday would be a great day to have a family day."

"that sounds great, love. and then we can tell elizabeth, and mackie, and anyone who wants to know, which knowing our friends, all of them do." tom laughed, making adeline chuckle along with him.

"mmm, i already told zendaya. i didn't mean to, but she was there-"

"ade, it's fine, i trust her and you. as long as the kids find out by us."

"which they will. now, finish eating, we have places to be."

thirty minutes later, the two parted ways, adeline to one marvel set and tom to another. before they did, though, they kissed goodbye, and even though everything seemed to go wrong along the way, they couldn't have thanked the small town of hollywood for keeping them together more.

--

[12.03.18]