Chapter 1

Do you know how wolves howl at the full moon? They gather together in a large group and howl as one. My pack calls that communicating with The Great Alphas that rule on the moon.

I never did know how they howl back- that is The Great Alphas. Fang- a loner that joined our pack several months ago- said that he was able to hear them in his dreams.

But he has become an Alpha since then...

I'm only an Omega. Hi, I'm Alpha- and I'm named after something I'm not.

I live in a large valley in the Yukon. Or at least, that's what I heard some humans say as they were hiking along a trail, on the far side of the valley.

The valley is split in two- the North half belonging to the Timberwolves and the Southern half belongs to us, the Proudpaws. 

Our territory is mostly plains, cliffs, and a little forest, here and there. There is a small lake and a couple of duck ponds (areas used as a reservation for ducks- you cannot hunt ducks there).

The prey mostly consists of squirrels, chipmunks, ducks, birds, rabbits and a caribou or buck possibly, if you were in the right part of the territory at the right time.

The Alphas relied on the Omegas to produce some or all of the food- every single night!

My mom says it's an outrage. Dad says it's a duty. I'm torn down the middle in confusion.

Tomorrow is my first Omega duty. UGGGGGGGGGGGGG! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------