Dammit,Daryl (Rickyl fanfic) Fluff and Friendship

ONE SHOT 

Set on s4 e2, after Rick destroyed the pig pens. :]

Rick took off his checkered shirt and threw it on the fire, he watched as the fire engulfed his tattered shirt.

The warm breeze hits his bare chest, a wave of relief washes over him, it felt good. He doesn't know how he'll make the journey back and what he'll explain if someone asked him,"What happened to your shirt?" He hopes that he does not have to walk past someone and explain this awkward situation, about their leader wandering around the prison shirtless. He doesn't want to be mistaken for a crazy person again.

He walked back to the cell-block that is untouched by the sickness. He went inside his cell and searched for his shirts, they were all gone. and realization hit him like a punch to the face that, Yes, Carol washed them all, except for the one he was wearing earlier today, but the said shirt was now burned to ashes.

He sits on the corner of his bed, puts his hands on his face and sighs deeply, just then he hears footsteps approaching his cell, And judging by the sound of it, it's Daryl, "Perfect timing" he thought to himself sarcastically,"Hey,man we should tal-" Daryl's words were cut short when he caught a glimpse of Rick on the bed looking like a 5 year old who's about to have a tantrum. Rick's arms were folded and Daryl saw a bit of a pout on his lips, Rick looked up at him and asked, "What's wrong?" Tiredness clearly etched on his face, "Where the fuck did your shirt go?" Daryl asked teasingly "Shut up." Rick said in a scolding manner. Daryl eyed him "Carol washed it all,huh?" "Yep." Rick replied quickly, "Aw,that sucks man" Daryl said, smiling childishly. "Are you going to help me?" Rick asks, frustration present in his voice. Daryl rolls his eyes. "C'mon" He gestures to his cell.

As they both reached Daryl's cell, Daryl gestured for Rick to wait as he got inside his room and started searching for something, He opened his travel bag and started ruffling through it until he found it. He held it up to his face, a small smirk forming on his face as he hung it on his neck. Daryl went outside of his cell and showed it to Rick, Rick's eyes got comically wide as he read the words on the shirts, a small blush developing from his cheeks, "Oh my god, you have got to be kidding me?" Rick said, fully hoping Daryl was indeed joking, "Dude, Carol washed all my clothes too, and as far as i know, she washed the clothes on Cell Block D....You know we can't go to Cell Block D,right?" Daryl said, his expression deadpanned, "If you don't wear this,you'll freeze your ass off." Daryl stated convincingly, swinging the shirt in front of Rick's face. Rick sighed then grabbed the shirt from Daryl's hands,"We should have a meeting about what happened today...Just tell everyone to meet me outside." He trailed off slowly as he puts on the shirt.

Everyone already gathered outside as Daryl ushered them all out, Idle chatter and a nervous aura hung thick on the air, "I mean, I don't know Michonne, Dad probably-" Carl trailed off as he caught a glimpse of his dad, everyone's quiet whispers and hushed tones completely halted as they all saw Rick emerging from the cell blocks, Daryl looked away from Rick to hide his laughter, Well, seeing Rick wearing a shirt that says, "OFFICER SEXY REPORTING FOR BOOTY" is not something you see everyday, Carl decided to speak up first and said,"Dad, what the he-" his words cut short by the loud ring of Daryl's laughter, "Accurate as hell,man." he said, in between his laughter.

After a couple of uncomfortable seconds, everyone else joined in the laughter, Rick also found himself chuckling because of it. Laughter is rare nowadays; It doesn't matter if the hilarity is about you or another person. After what happened today, I think we all need to make our family happy even if it means making a fool out of yourself. They probably will not be letting Rick forget this anytime soon but...It's worth it.

Author's Note:

So, what you've just read is my FIRST Rickyl fanfiction ever. I know that i have a lot of work to do regarding Grammar and stuff but I'll do my best to make my works readable in the future.