I

I've watched black panther like 3 times and I'm damn obsessed with Michael B. Jordan mmkay
So I kinda FELT like I had to do this🙌🏽

WE BEGINNING FROM THAT MOMENT IN 1992 WHERE YOUNG ERIK IS STARING AT THE WAKANDA AIRPLANE THING
-::-
1992, Oakland, California

"I'll be right back, okay? You can help mama cook the grits." Papa says, picking up his duffel bag, or 'briefcase', as he calls it.

As I walk to the kitchen, I find mama singing quietly as she cooks. She turns to me, gives me a sad smile, and continues stirring.

"Why does Papa go to work so late?" She kisses my head, handing me my apron.

"T, that's a question only Papa can answer. But don't you worry 'bout nothin'. He'll come back." I then finish up trying to cut the tomato mama gave me, and slide off the apron.

"How do you know?" She giggles before carrying me, looking me right in the eye.

"Cause we are home. As long as we're here, he'll know where to find us." I smile, and once again play with the weird scar I have on my lip.

"Mama, my scar is itchy." The smile on her face fades. She gasps, quickly opening the door and running out of it.

I try to follow her, quickly looking outside to see if anything bad happened. I see Erik looking up at the sky.

"What's wrong E?" I yell. He looks up at me, shakes his head, and runs into the building.

Why is everyone running? Gosh.

I then sit down and play with my apron, humming "Blackbird" by Nina Simone.

"Why you wanna fly? Blackbird, you ain't ever gonna fly." There are sounds of screaming but I keep on singing. The scar on my lip throbs even harder but I keep on singing. People were dying right next to me but I kept. On. Singing.

And I wish I stopped. But I kept on singing.

-::-

"Are you alright?" I ask Erik. He sits beside me on the curb, picking up a stone and throwing it as far as he can.

"Why do people die?" He asks, and it's the first time I look in his eyes. There's so much pain, hurt, anger. And I may be only 4 years old, but I think I know what I'm talking about.

"It's a part of life, E." He nods, and give me a weak smile. He then gets up, walking away, taking years of what could have been friendship along with him.

-::-

I DONT LIKE IT
but it's the first chapter so it's obviously gonna be a disaster
But as I said
I am helllllaaa obsessed with killmonger right now

Luh y'all stay sweggy