Chapter 2

~ I only own Lacy and a few other people ~

Chapter 2

I had three days till I was flying to Germany. One of those days would be spent packing. That left two days to find a dress for the gala. I know, I should have had my dress by then, but I put it off. I don't like dress shopping that much.

I don't even know what to look for, I thought to myself.

"Well, we'll just see how this turns out tomorrow," I say to no one. "Great, now I'm talking to myself. I have wings, immortality, rapid healing, and now, I talk to myself! Well done!"

With a heavy sigh, I changed into my pajamas and got ready for bed. I was dreading the next day, but it had to happen at some point.

**************

The next day I had been looking for almost four hours and had no luck.

"Why is finding a dress so hard?" I mumbled as I sat in a small coffee shop. I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked at a dress website on my laptop. The aroma of hot coffee and pastries filled my nose with every breath. The shop was small, but had free wifi and great cup cakes.

One of my many problems in finding a dress was the wing situation. I could fold them pretty tight and not have a problem, usually. With certain shirts I could go without a jacket, but some I couldn't. I don't usually wear dresses and when I do, a small sweater is usually involved, but I can't exactly wear a little sweater to a gala can I? I would have to get a backless dress and wear some sort of shawl with it.

I was so set on finding a dress that I didn't notice  that someone was looking over my shoulder, "None of those would suit you, dear." I nearly fell off of my stool at the sound of the old voice. Turning around I saw a woman. She to be about 79, I would call her old but i'm pretty old and I don't like being called old. Not that anyone knows i'm old, anyway.

"What? What do you mean?"

A smile appeared on her aged face, "Why, those are all too simple! If a pretty girl like you goes to a party she can't just blend in with the rest, she needs to stand out!"

Stand out? I don't think so. "What? No, I don't think so, i'm fine blending in," I say with a small smile. I was trying not to be rude,  I'm fine with being rude to young people, but not with older people.

Her smile fell,"Well, why not? If I had a pretty face like you, I would show it off all over, and what better way to show off than at a party. Here, I'll give you an address, and you get the nicest dress you can find."She pulled out a pen and notepad and started to write, "When you get there, tell them Annie sent you. You'll get a good price that way."

She held out the piece of paper for me to take. When I didn't take it, she took my hands and placed it in them. I looked into her pale gray eyes and let out a sigh. "What did you say your name was?"

Her smile returned, "Annie, my name is Annie!"

"Thank you, Annie. I'll go check it out."

*************

The sound of a bell rang through the shop when I pushed through the door. The shop was small and well organized. Dresses were hung on racks and hooks on the walls, they were arranged by size and color. A blonde woman stood behind the counter.

"Welcome to Ginger B's, " she greeted out. "I'm Ginger, do you need help with anything?"

"Ah, yes. I'm going to a gala in less then a week and I need a dress. Oh, and Annie sent me."