So much for waiting.

Start from the beginning

"Don't tell me what to do... y-ya ave' no right!" Toby cried lips trembling and tears suddenly appearing in his eyes which again shocked Nellie but only anger the barber more. "M-mum I'm begging ya please stop goin' back to e'm! He'll only 'urt ya mum only make ya cry again.." Toby cried desperately. He had had a little to much drink and now it seemed all the truth was coming out and for that Nellie could only scrunch her eyes closed in worry.

"You better close your trap!" Sweeney warned dangerously eyes never so beady and deadly that even Nellie found herself gulping seeing him so close to exploding. Her heart couldn't take much more of this. A part of her, however mad she was at Toby right now just wanted to wrap him up in her arms and tell him everything would be alright. Yet if she didn't hold Sweeney back she wasn't sure what he might do either.

"Toby please" she whispered looking at him seeing him so teary eyed and worked up that it broke her so much seeing him this unhappy.

"No mum! he don't deserve ya! HE'E A SWINE!" Toby yelled before dramatically throwing the remains of his gin over Sweeney in anger, the gin splashing over his face and down his neck causing Nellie to gasp in shock that he would do such a thing. "Toby!" Nellie yelled at him.

Dripping wet in gin Sweeney glared at the boy as if he would kill him right here and now.

Flying to his feet within an instant and wrenching Toby's collar, Sweeney yanked him up harshly until his toes were just touching the ground "DON'T YOU DARE!" Sweeney roared loudly into his face making him whimper and gulp in fear. Nellie stood just as quickly hands shaking nervously as she reached out to Sweeney.

"You best watch your tongue lad before you end up losing it all together!" he barked venomously still holding a frightened Toby up by the collar of his shirt, making him cry more with the loud impact of his voice barking into his fearful face.

"Sweeney" Nellie pleaded softly placing her hand on his arm as she looked at Toby scared out of his wits "Please love, put e'm down" she begged tugging at his arm a little and placing her hand on Toby's back.

Staring the boy directly in the eyes Sweeney pushed him away as he let go resulting in Toby stumbling back on his feet. "Mark my words boy if you ever raise your voice at Mrs Lovett again I personally will see to it that you get sent back to the work house" he threatened his tone still so harsh and angered. Mrs Lovett watched as Sweeney threw his back against the sofa and began dapping his wet face with a handkerchief. She needed to get Toby out of here, Sweeney was in one of his murderous moods and so she certainly didn't want to have the boy hurt in any other way.

Placing her hand on Toby's shoulder she leant down to his ear "Come on" she whispered to him. Thankfully she managed to get him away from Sweeney and into his room safely. Her heart was torn and so was her head. She didn't know who she was more angry with at the moment. They were both wrong.

Drying his tears Toby held his head low as he got into his bed. He knew he had upset his mum yet he had no other choice because she never seemed to listen.

Tucking him in bed silently Nellie saw the shame and guilt in his eyes. She was unsure on how she felt at this precise moment. "I'm sorry Mum"

Looking at him Nellie gulped feeling her own tears spring to her brown eyes. She knew he was, he didn't have to tell her that as she could see it in his face. "We'll talk 'bout all this in the mornin'..." she whispered still tucking his sheets around him before blowing out the flickering candle in his room and leaving. If she were honest she didn't know what to say. It was late and Toby had gone over board with his options and views. She felt bad leaving him like this yet she wanted to talk to Sweeney also before going to bed.