27

"It is such a beautiful day" I say with anger in my voice.
We were all sitting outside watching the four kids play.
"What's wrong, Nik?" Steve asks.
"Nothing" I reply
"Something"
"I fucking said nothing!" I yell at a low enough volume so the kids don't hear but loud enough to startle the gang.
"Fucking hell" Dally said.
"Why don't you go screw someone, Dallas!" I say and storm off.
Real mature Nicole, real mature.
I get in the kitchen and need to do something. I grab a glass from the counter and smash it, then another, then a vase.
I reach for another glass and go to throw it but a hand stops me.
"Woah kid" the voice says.
Darry.
I turn to him and sob.
"Hey what's wrong? What did your idiot husband do?" He asks, I shake my head saying it wasn't him.
"Today is the anniversary of a death isn't it?" He asks.
I nod.
"The first bunch after my folks were hard too. Soon you feel numb towards it" Darry says as he rubs my back.
"Why don't you lay down, kid, you'll feel better" he guides me to the couch and I fall asleep almost instantly from the crying.
—-
I slowly open my eyes to see Dally in the room with me.

"Where are Pony and he kids?" I ask as I sit up.

"The kids are sleeping in Morgan and maddie's room, and Pone is outside on the phone" Dally responds as he finishes shining his blade.

I stand up to see the rest of the gang coming in.

"Welcome back to the world, Nik" Steve jokes as he hugs me.

"Thanks? How long was I out?" I notice it is completely dark out.

"3-4 hours, maybe" Ponyboy responds as he kisses my cheek lightly.

We began to all sit down and watch tv, all the couples cuddling up.

Steve and Soda.

Pony and I.

And surprisingly, Two Bit and Dally were slightly curled up, mocking us.

"Guys we have an issue" Darry says as he comes in the house, holding his cellphone.

"What is it?" I half groan out. Why can't we ever have a calm night?

"Cherry just called me and-"

"Wait what? Why did Cherry call you and not me? Is she alright?" Ponyboy asks worried.

Too worried.

The girl pony has been texting with the name 'babe'.

I take Ponyboy's phone and click on that contact.

"Darry?What is Cherry's number?" I ask.

"792" he begins.

"5580?" I finish.

"yeah. How'd you know?" Darry questions.

"Ask your cheating ass brother" I say as I throw the phone at my husband, who had been looking to the ground.

"Can this wait!? We have a fucking issue!" Darry's voice booms through the house.

"What is it?" Soda asks as he stands up, the rest of us following.

"Well, Elizabeth realized that John was killed by socs, and they were never arrested, and so she tracked them down, and went to Randy's house wi-"

"Randy didn't do it! He had no animosity towards us, we found that out after Bob" Pony says, causing me to glance at Ponyboy.

"Exactly. Apparently she knew the killers were in the group Randy was in, so she demanded information. Cherry was with Randy when Elizabeth showed up. She had a gun" Darry continues.

"Is Cherry okay?" Ponyboy asks, I smack him.

"Randy was shot, not her. but, Elizabeth than ran. I hate to say it but I think we have to turn her in if she comes, as she is obviously mentally ill" Darry says.

"We have to find her" I say, knowing what she is feeling.

"Nikki, she coulda killed Randy!" Steve says, growing nervous.

"Yeah? and? I understand her thought process right now" I say rudely.

"What's going on?" Morgan comes out of the room.

"Morg, We need you to watch your sister and cousins. lock yourselves in the bedroom, and do not let anyone in unless it is one of us" Soda says.

"Why? Where are you going?" Morgan whimpers

"We just have to go handle something, princess. We'll come back asap" by now Morgan was crying in fear as she went into the bedroom and we heard the door lock.

"Okay, Steve and soda will go to soc territory, Pone and Nik will keep an eye out in the lot and park area, Dally, two bit, and I will start looking over the rest of the south side" Darry says.

We all grab blades and head out.

"How long?" I ask as Pony and I find a seat on the ground.

"How long what?"

"How long have you been tapping soc ass behind my back?" I ask emotionless as I look at him.

"I haven't" Ponyboy tries to say.

"No, Ponyboy. I should have known. Let's get through this, and then I think I should move out for a bit, or you should" I say.

"Nikki-"

"Ponyboy, you have cheated on me twice, with the same girl. Maybe you two should be together" I say, tryIng to not let my bitterness show.

"You're being ridiculous" Is all ponyboy says before I spot Elizabeth

I start running and freeze as i see her pull a gun on me.

"Elizabeth, we all wanted to kill the socs too, but that won't help us recover" I say quietly.

"Get in the house. Call the gang, we should talk" she says in such a dark tone, I flinch.

Ponyboy calls Soda while I call Dally and exPlain to them.

Elizabeth has us sit on the couch.

I see the bedroom door open slightly and here a whimper as Morgan sees the gun. Elizabeth points it to her.

-----------------------------------------

TO BE CONTINUED