There's Nothing In My System, So I'm Feeling What I Feel For You

"Awsten?" Geoff waved his hand in front of Awsten's face. Awsten gave a slight jump as he vanished from the fantasy world of his daydream, and appeared back into stressful reality. "...anyway, what do you think about it?" Geoff looked at him, almost impatiently. Awsten sat with his head resting on the palm of his left hand, elbow holding it up. He was aware that Geoff had been talking to him for a few minutes, but he hadn't been paying attention. He had been having the daydream again.

"Awsten!" Geoff all but shouted. "Sorry! Sorry..." Awsten trailed off, the one thought on his mind blocking everything out of his mind. He tried his best to work past it. "What were you saying?" he asked with an apologetic smile dimpling his cheek. Geoff rolled his eyes and sighed. "If you had been paying attention, you would know!" He looked away for a few seconds, before turning back to Awsten. He sighed again, and returned the smile. "I can't stay mad at you. I was just saying that maybe we put one of the songs from Entertainment on our setlist." Awsten ran his fingers through the purple strands falling across his face. "Why not?" he said. I wonder if he's a good kisser. The thought dominated his mind again. His brain desperately wanted him to say it, just to get it over with. Each word wound its way around his head, making him feel dizzy. The table in front of him swayed slightly. The words were making their way to the tip of his tongue. They tasted good. But too good to let Geoff know. He stood up shakily. And fell to the floor. "Shit, man, are you alright?" Geoff got off his seat and moved to where Awsten had collapsed on the ground. Awsten felt Geoff's hands supporting the back of his head and his his shoulder. He felt safe. And warm. But powerless.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good." he replied, staggering to his feet, "I just need a bit of rest." There was a look of deep concern shadowing Geoff's brown eyes. He nodded slowly. "I thought you looked a little tired back there," he said, "Here, lemme give you a hand." He took his hands away, then held one out to help Awsten up. His hands are so soft. Maybe his lips are even softer. Together, they made their way to his bunk. He lay down and let out a breath of relief. "Rest easy, dude." Geoff said, before leaving him and calling for Otto.

Awsten lay in his bunk, one arm behind his head, the other resting on his chest. His heartbeat was fluttering even just thinking about Geoff. He thought about one of the songs from Entertainment. It went by the name Not Warriors. Everyone thought that the chorus was written about his ex girlfriend, when in reality, it was written about Geoff. Such a perfect human being. The real reason Awsten kicks him out of the 'parks is so as to not let his feelings show. Awsten took out his phone and earphones, opened up Google Drive, and listened to the final draft of Not Warriors. The lyrics washed over him as he drifted to sleep without knowing it;

...there's nothing in my system, so I'm feeling what I feel for you, I'm sweating out potential, but I'm nervous at my central for you, there's nothing in my system, so I'm feeling what I feel for you, there's nothing left to miss except the shots I take and phonecalls from you, and I just need you to feel it too...

A/N: Hi guys. The chapters in this book are going to be quite short, to make it easier for me to update more often. Hope you enjoy anyway! ~ BlinkOneEightTuesday