Chapter 2- Onya Alyeshia Pensbrrok

My name is Onya Alyeshia Pensbrook. I’m a 16 year old female mechanic. I get paid under the table by an old man, who needed someone to keep his business head from going underwater.

He hates the fact that I’m a supernatural, but business is business, and I was the only one with the talent he was looking for to keep this place running. I serve as a manager; I keep the files organized, and I work on the floor fixing cars. I’m a little bit underpaid for everything I do, but it’s a job and it keeps me out of the house. My life hasn’t been the easiest. I don’t know my real parents, my dad left my mom, and then my mom left me. A rich supernatural found me and adopted me. Life was amazing until he married a snobby blonde chick that just wanted his money. I tried to tell him how she really was, but he didn’t believe me.

My dad had to suspect something on his own, because he cut down her funds to only what a normal person would get for working, it was still more then even I made. She wasn’t happy about it, so to get back at me she started selling my body. You wouldn’t believe how much people would pay to have sex with a knocked out defenseless supernatural. It was a superiority complex I guess. We are supposed to be all powerful so to be able to take advantage of one of us while we are so weak is amazing to them.

 I didn’t hate humans, neither did my father. I can’t hate all humans for the actions a select few are taking. I can’t even honestly hate my step mom. She’s just screwed up in the head. When my dad found out about what my step mom was doing to me, he dumped her naturally, but unlike me he started to hate humans. I was only 12 at the time.

In the next year he became involved in the cause. It started with just donating a few thousand dollars here and there, then it progressed into him become a general in the cause. He was fueled with anger and hatred.

He was appalled by the mere mention of forgiveness. No matter what I said he didn’t listen. He ended up getting shot in the spine in battle. He was then paralyzed. He couldn’t do anything. So he wanted to help the cause through me.

At the age of 14 I was taking courses on self defense. My father built a gym in the house, and I went there every day after school. He was adamant on me becoming part of the cause. My father hired private trainers to keep me on my feet.

He had people bringing me to the shooting range and practicing. I became the best sniper of my age. My father entered me in contests to put me against humans. So I could prove to humans that supernatural’s are the best.

I got first place in a lot of sniper contests, close combat tournaments, and talent shows. I convinced my father to let me take violin when I was younger. That was the one thing I had of my own. Until I started to build cars.

Cars were my life. I built them, took them apart, fixed them. Eventually my father loosened up some so I got a job as a mechanic at the age of 15. He didn’t like the idea I cut down on my gym visits and my practices.

 Eventually he let it go and I was able to live a little bit of life. Humans never bothered me when I was working. I got the job done, and I got it done quickly. They didn’t like the idea at first, but eventually I proved myself to be a good asset to them and the mechanic world.

The shop was where supernatural and humans could get along for a little while. They talked with one another in the lobby while they waited for cars. It showed that there was hope for humans and supernaturals.

One day I came in to work a man’s car. He hated supernaturals more than anything, but he was in a hurry and this was the only place he could go. So he let me work on his car. While he was sitting in the lobby a small supernatural child walked up to him and touched his pants leg. The man lost it and shot the girl in the chest three times. When I heard the shots I ran out and held the bleeding girl in my arms while the cops where called. They took the man away in a cop car, and took the little girl away in a body bag.

I didn’t know so much hatred could rage for us. Was I blind to it, or did I convince myself it didn’t exist? That’s when I really lost my forgiveness towards humans. Why should we sacrifice everything for them? That man just shot a young girl for a harmless interaction.

She was denied the right to live over a hatred that she wasn’t even aware of.

Should we surrender ourselves to hate? Or should we ignore the pain people caused by others? Would we then loose happiness?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m now 17 years old. I still work at the mechanic shop. My father caught a deadly virus that only supernatural’s could acquire. He’s slowly dying and he’s pushing the cause more than ever before. The doctors say he should be gone in no more than 4 years. I quit my martial arts and violin.

I still work out at the gym every day after work. I go to school from 8AM to 3PM, and then I work from 3:30PM to 7:30PM.  I work out at the gym till 9PM. Then I stay up watching after my fathers untill 1AM. He wakes up in the middle of the night and his nurse gets off at 9:30PM.

So I stay up until his other nurse arrives at 1AM. After that I go to bed and wake up at 7AM to get ready for school. My life’s not really my own anymore, but I deal with it. I love my father, even with all the hatred within him. He loves me like his own child. Which is more then anyone has ever done for me. When he got sick most of our money goes to the nurses and medicine. Yet we still have enough to keep security and to keep this huge house. I try to convince him we don’t need it all. We can move to a small house where it would be easier for him to get around.

He refuses, saying that if he can’t have his whole life, he’s going to live in luxury for what’s left of his life. My father never really understood what life was like without material objects. To be honest neither did I. He adopted me at the age of 4 and gave me everything I could ever want.

This was never really much. I’ve grown up without all the material objects. The only thing I ever asked for was parts for a car I was building, and for my violin.

 My powers started to come in when I was 16. I was very sensitive to sunlight, I could change into anything I wanted, and fire tended to attract to me.

We knew that I was a mixed child. A mix is what the cause was looking for. We can only guess what my mix is considering we don’t know my birth parents, but from what we can tell its Vampire and Shapeshifer. My father had hoped I could be useful to the cause in many ways but never like this. He decided to save up money so that one day he could send me to a cause academy. Where they could mix my children.

My father became more and more ill, until finally I agreed to his wishes to go to the academy, when the time came. . .

I never really had a chance to let my life begin…

~XxJemanixX~