Chapter 1: Still Here

Three years.

Three years since the Devil was defeated and all the contracts were burned.

Three years since the brothers gave a second chance and let the Devil keep going with the casino.

Three years since the brothers dissapeared.

Three long years of wondering where on earth they went. Everyone was worried and curious. When Elder Kettle was asked his response was simple and effective.

"They went on a quest." Before the old kettle smiled and offered tea.

Questions and rumors still went around Inkwell Isle; however none interested King Dice. The brothers were gone, trouble out of his hands. The brothers being gone didn't concern him whatsoever.

Even if they did burn his contract as well. Even if the nineteen year old cup interested him. Even if they kicked the Devil's ass. Even if said noneteen year old cup asked to blow on his dice for good luck.

King Dice sighed and shook his head. At least he though it didn't concern him. But that's a story for another day, for now he had to go out and prepare the casino.

King Dice walked out of his room, in long strides, to the casino floor. Yes the casino was indeed still open. Except now souls were no longer taken, unless the customers so desired. Surprisingly some have, idiots.

Dice pressed the silver elevator button and descended to the main floor. The doors opened to reveal his employees running, or walking, around preparing to open. Dice adjusted his bow tie before yelling comands.

"Wheezy make sure the bars all loaded and ready!"

"Sure boss." Wheezy grunted before walking off to the bar.

"Pip, Dot make sure the coat room is ready for hanging!"

"Yes boss!"

"Yes Mr.King Dice!" The two scampered off to the coat room.

"Pocus and Pirouletta, get ready for your performances tonight!"

"Suuure thing boss!" Hocus Pocus said before dissapearing.

"Yes Mr.Dice" Pirouletta said softly before spinning away.

King Dice looked at his watch and to the doors. "Okay, and open em' up!"

The wooden doors opened and soon after customers piled in. King Dice stood by the doors greeting people who approached him. He gave directions, had casual conversations, or just greeted them.

Two hours passed before King Dice decided it was time to take a break. By break he meant walk around the casino floor and watch games going on.

Dice took one step before a voice interuppted him.

"Hay"

King Dice stopped turned around and greeted the person.

"Hello, welcome to Devi-" he froze. His breath hitched, his heart rate increased.

"Long time no see. How ya been?" The cup grinned at Dice's frozen state.

"I, uh, good." Dice didn't know what to say. He could just stare.

The boy, no, the man before him changed quite a lot. The man grew to King Dice's chest. The man now wore more fitting clothing. Consisting of red jeans, a black shirt, and a red bandana around his neck.

"-ce?"

"Dice?"

"DICE!"

Dice flinched a bit at the loud voice. "Sorry yes?"

"I said could you show me to the craps table?" A stranger now stood before him.

Cuphead had dissapeared, while he was lost in his head. "Oh yes sir! Please follow me! Sorry for the delay!"

The man waved it off and followed Dice while rambling on about useless things. Dice was preoccupied with what he just saw.

Cuphead. Cuphead was back in Inkwell Isle. If Cuphead was back that meant Mugman was back as well. Why where they back? Where have they been? What did Cuphead want?

King Dice dropped the man off at the craps table and walked off. He needed to find Cuphead.

Wait. Why did he need to? What that cup did was none of his concern. Kind Dice rubbed his temples and went to the bar.

"Give me a shot Wheezy."

"You alright boss? You never drink on the job." Wheezy asked sliding the shot to King.

"Just gonna be a long night." King said after taking the shot. It burned his throat, but it was worth it.

Wheezy nodded before helping a customer. King sighed for what felt like the millionth time that night. He then straightened himself and walked back to the front.