5.1

Clinging onto Finnick for what felt like only minutes, shaking against his chest as we both try to control ourselves, was in fact over an hour.

"An hour before the parade," Barley quietly tells us from the bedroom that the bathroom we are currently huddled in.

"Thanks Barley," Finnick whispers hoarsely. Clearing his throat after when the other victor leaves. I hear him take a deep breath against my ear, the thrumming of his racing heart grounding me to the reality of the situation.

I cut him off with a quiet whisper when he opens his mouth to speak,
"I don't care about hiding us anymore," I don't even look up at him,
"I want to live the next few days the way I want to. Snow can try to kill me all he wants in the arena but he can't do it before or there will be uproar. I want us to be a proper couple for a few days Finnick," I look up into his stormy eyes, tracing his defined cheek gently with my fingertips.

"Let's show them how it's done," his smile watery from our previous crying. Tenderly, he leans his head down and brushes his soft lips against my own.

"I love you Mr. Odair,"

"Not as much as I love you Mrs.Odair,"

"Impossible," I smile at him, as he rises to his feet and offers me a hand up like a true gentleman.

"Well then, I am the impossible," he chuckles as he places another kiss on my lips. Turning from me slightly, he grabs my silver engagement and wedding ring from the small clam shell that sits on the marble countertop beside the sink. Taking my dainty hand in his larger ones, he places a gentle kiss on my knuckles before sliding the rings onto my finger, where they belong.

We were only able to wear these when we weren't in the public eye, but I don't care anymore. I want to show people that I love my husband and that he belongs to me. He tucks a lock of my shiny black hair behind my ear; kissing my forehead with a lingering kiss before bidding me goodbye to go get ready himself.

I can suddenly hear a stampede of heeled footsteps rushing towards my room. Appearing in the bedroom door way is my stylist team ,"Oh heavens darling! we have so much work to do! Look at you!" Star, my crazy stylist squeaks as she grabs my hand and throws me back into the bathroom to get a quick shower.

*

It's not long before I'm sliding the dress for the tribute parade over my exposed skin. The bronzed floor length skirt sitting high on my hips where the translucent, very sparkly, v neck top shows off the small amount of cleavage I have with my athletic build. A pair of very high, black heels thrown at me as they pull my hair impossibly straight and up into a high ponytail. My anklet sitting above the right shoe perfectly.  A pair of silver earrings dangle across my collarbones and thin silver bangles decorate my wrists.

Smokey makeup is applied but it's light and not too much.

I feel good when I look in the mirror.

"Thank you," I praise my team, holding each of their hands delicately before I make my way to the lift that will take us to the the chariots. Beside the lift, waits a patient Barley who is dressed in a black, wrap around toga with bronze grain embroidered into the material. I give a small smirk when I notice how deflated he feels in it.

"Lets go party," I give a wicked grin at him as we call for the lift and make our way down silently. When we reach the bottom we are escorted to the waiting area and are allowed to mingle for a little while.

A couple spot my attention first as I strut confidently over to them. Show any weakness in this game and I'm done for.

"Gloss, Cashmere," I smile. The brother and sister pair turn from their chariot and beautiful horses to face me, smirks on their faces.