Chapter Sixty-One

Start from the beginning

         "Horribly. Mum's head nearly exploded when she caught sight of the injuries. Dad mainly scolded me for drinking — good idea, by the way, telling our parents we were drinking Firewhisky and that was how we ended up out of bed. Once Mum and Dad stopped being mad they starting teasing me for not being able to handle Firewhisky." James frowned, looking genuinely offended. Calypso snorted at his expression.

          "James Potter not able to handle Firewhisky? Never." Calypso said sarcastically and James reached over to swat her on the arm. Calypso chuckled at her friend when the doors to the infirmary opened and Sirius came striding in with his hands in the pockets of his robes.

        "Finally, I was getting tired of her." James said playfully. Calypso reached over and flicked James on the ear before giving her boyfriend a quick kiss on the cheek when he went to trade seats with us.

        "Why don't you stay?" Sirius asked when she began to gather her things. He grabbed her hand and squeezed it lightly. The expression on his face made Calypso feel terrible that she was keeping something from him, but this was something she needed to do and she couldn't have Sirius or James getting hurt because of her.

        "I would but I promised Dorcas that I would help her with our Transfiguration work and then I'm probably going to head to bed early. I'm exhausted." Calypso said. Sirius pouted causing a small smile to form on Calypso's face before she said her goodbyes to the two boys and made her way from the infirmary to Gryffindor Tower.

         The Fat Lady let her in without an issue, recognizing her from the years she had witnessed Calypso running around with the boys. Calypso kept her head down and crept through the common room to make her way to the boys dormitories. A couple of first years were gathered in front of the fireplace, chatting amongst themselves when she started to creep up the stairs.

         "Calypso?" A quiet voice asked from behind her. Calypso winced and looked over her shoulder to find Lily staring at her, her brows pulled together. Calypso's stomach dropped as she met her friend's eye. Calypso could tell just from looking at Lily that she knew the girl was up to something. "What are you doing?"

         Calypso glanced frantically around. She didn't have time to talk when there were things she needed to do.

        "I — I have to go." Calypso said, sounding slightly panicked before she turned and dashed up the stairs. She could deal with Lily later (hopefully) but she needed to get to the boy's room. Calypso walked through the door, already knowing that Peter and Remus were going to be gone since Remus normally spent time in the Hufflepuff common rooms with Karma around this time while Peter was tutoring second years in Herbology for a few galleons in the library.

        Calypso was surprised to find the boy's room was a lot cleaner than hers, but she supposed they had Remus to thank for that. She spotted James's chest immediately since it had his broomstick propped up next to it and she quickly opened it. Calypso rummaged through James's chest until her eyes landed on the Cloak of Invisibility.

        The door swung open when Calypso placed her hands on the fabric and Lily tore through the door.

       "I knew it!" Lily exclaimed while Calypso stared at her with wide, startled eyes.

        "I —"

        "Don't even try to lie to me, Cal. Everyone else may think that you're going to listen to Dumbledore, but I know you better than that. Where did you go after you left? What are you doing right now? Can I help —"

        "No —"

        "Why not? I'm in the Order now, remember? You're going to need all the help you can get if you're going to get your sister and Alex back — that is what you're going to do, right?"