Challenge Accpeted

The sun blinded the shit out of me. I cursed the ground that stupid little girl skipped on. Her mom didn't even blink when I complained to her about her daughter breaking my sun glasses. I gripped my bag tighter, making my knuckles turn white. How was I supposed to see anything without my sun glasses? Sometimes I felt like Velma from Scooby Doo without them. I don't even know why I compared myself to a girl.

Aunt Beth had told me something about not being able to pick me up at the train station, so I had to walk the five miles to her place. The heat would kill me before I even got there. Working with her and her weird animal-loving husband was all my dad's idea. He thought it woule keep me out of trouble. Yeah right. I knew that without even trying I would find trouble.

The five mile walk didn't take as long as I thought it would. I was pretty much dead. I saw Aunt Beth sitting at the top of a tractor. I waved my arm to get her attention. She jumped down from the tractor and ran at me, squeezing me around the waist.

"My Lord, you've grown two feet! Your mama wasn't kiddn' when she said you were big. How tall are you now?" Aunt Beth said.

"Six foot three."

"Dang, that's taller than your daddy. I bet you're thirsty. Get your butt inside and get you some water and a sandwhich."

I gladly did as she said. It had been three years since I've been in this small town. I wasn't glad to be back. I already missed the tall buildings and constant traffic of the city. I guess the next few days will all be about getting reaquainted to all my old friends. Hopefully.