The threat

What little light we recieved from the apparation slowly faded to blend into the darkness. Everything was slowly dimming before us until we stood in nothing but darkness. In the next second I heard a screetch and quickly took Freds hand.

He jumped slightly at my touch.

"It's just me" I whispered. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze and then moved closer to him. "How do we get out of here?"

I felt Fred's breath on the back of my neck. "I think we have to survive the cave."

Oh great, we need to survive Voldemorts playground. When has anyone in the history of magic survived something that Voldemort had created himself that was meant to cause death. My thoughts immeadiately went to Harry Potter, the boy who lived. Too bad he was giving his attention to the TriWizard Tournament.

"It'd be easier if we could see." Fred murmered. I could here the anxiety in his voice causing it to tremble.

I took out my wand and flicked it. "Lumos Maximus" I chanted.

Immeadiately a ball of light emerged from the tip of my wand and hovered in the center of the room. As I looked around I saw that it looked nothing like anything I have seen before. If I could guess we were in a cave.

"Where to start." Fred murmered.

Looking around I saw there was only one way out of this cavern area and it was through a tunnel across the way. I nudged him and then nodded towards the tunnel.

"It's the only way." I explained.

Another screech was heard and I saw Fred quickly draw his wand. I didn't like this, somehow I felt like there was a trap beyond the cave and it was meant just for us.

"I don't understand-" I began. "How does Pansy even know that spell, that's Death Eater stuff."

Fred put his arm around my waist as we started our walk towards the entrance of the tunnel.

"Pansy is a pureblood that happens to be in Slytherin, one can only guess what else dwells in that mind of hers." Fred spoke to me.

We walked in silence through the tunnel. Just the sound of silence was enough to put me on edge. What was going to happen to us? Would we survive the night.

A green mist greeted us as we came to the end of the tunnel. The next room looked like a chamber and in the center was a large snake like statue, this is what released the eerie green mist. Curiously I moved forward. When I had gotten close enough I stopped as I heard something. At first it sounded like a hiss of a snake but then the hiss turned into words.

"Welcome you unfortunates." It began.

Fred took my hand and pulled me closer.

"It's Voldemorts voice." He whispered.

Voldemort. Great now we were sure to die.

"Three tasks you must do, if you can survive them all you will be free. If you fail you die. The fight to survive starts once you place your hand on the snake." The voice faded away back into the hissing sound and then disappeared all together.

I Iooked at Fred and he looked at me. If I wanted to go back home I would have to play whatever twisted games Voldemort had prepared for us. I reached my hand forward, holding it an inch from the snake statue. I took a deep breath and then pressed my hand to the stone. Immeadiately I felt frozen in place to the statue.

"Fred, I think you have to touch it too." I gasped.

Fred took a step forward and held out his hand before he slowly pressed it to the stone. Suddenly I felt the unfamiliar pull of apparating. This snake was a portkey. We immeadiately began disappating before we disappeared all together. When we came to we were standing in lair. I quickly drew my wand as I heard heavy footsteps that shook everything around me.

"What the bloody hell is that?" I gasped as I saw a huge pair of yellow eyes peering out from the darkness of the cave on the other side of where we stood.

Fred moved to stand before me, his wand drawn and held in a defensive manner.

"I have a feeling we are going to be fighting a dragon." Fred said.

Just as if the dragon had been called a burst of flames shot from the cave.  Fred threw up a wall of water before us. When the flames hit the water he was thrown back into me. We both tumbled and rolled a few times until we came to a painful stop by smashing into a medium sized boulder.

I quickly rose to my feet, doing my best to ignore the pain in my side and held my wand aloft. I wasn't about to go down without a fight. There were two of us and one dragon, surely we could do this right?

Several more steps could be heard and finally the dragon emereged from the cave. Towering above us was the dragon. It was black and had spikes all along its body. This reminded me of the dragon from the triwizard tournament that Harry had to battle.

"What do we do?" I asked Fred as I kept my eyes on the enormus dragon that was so big it made Hagrid look small.

I did my best to quickly scan the entire room and to my left I saw was looked like a large golden egg. Thats it, the egg.

"Fred, look." I said as I pointed across the room.

"The egg must be a portkey." Fred mused.

If the egg was a portkey I wouldn't be able to touch it unless I wanted to leave Fred behind. If we were both to use the portkey we had to touch it at the same time. That means we needed to stick together.

"Stick together, fight the dragon, get to the portkey." I whispered to myself. "Shouldn't be hard right?" I asked Fred.

I felt him grab my hand.

"Harry survived it." Was all he said.

"I can do anything he can do." I whispered. "We can survive."

The dragon that stood before us let out a terrible screech as it began flapping its wings. In mere seconds it now hovered above us. It was hunting us, we were a threat to its nest and now its only priority was killing us.