Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

"Ria, you're going to stress yourself out and get a headache. Would you just relax?" Lily insisted, tugging on the girl's robes.
"I'm fine, honestly. In fact, I'm more than fine."

"Well I'm glad to hear it!"

Two two girls turned from where they stood in the corridor to see Sirius strutting towards them.

"What're you doing here, Black?" Lily asked, stepping in front of Asteria.
"I came here to talk to you. Evans, I need a word - in private." He glanced past Lily and smiled sweetly at Asteria.

"You what?" Lily frowned, turning to look at Asteria's reaction.
"Go ahead, I'll go to the library." Asteria shrugged and excused herself from their company.

Lily sighed as she watched Asteria leave and then turned back to face Sirius.
"So what do you want?"
"I want to ask Asteria on a date. Like, a proper one. The problem I have is that I want to do this big gesture to show how much I like her but... Remus pointed out she might not want that. Then I didn't know what to do and Remus suggested I ask you because, well, you know Ri really well." Sirius explained, rambling slightly.

"Sounds like Remus knows what he's talking about." Lily smirked, "And I don't think she would like a big gesture."
"Because it would freak her out?"
"Because Ria hates attention. She enjoys to be in the company of the few people she likes. I think strangers make her nervous." Lily said.
"Right." Sirius nodded.

"Are you expecting me to come up with an idea for your date?" Lily cocked her head to the side and scanned her eyes over the boy's face.
"Maybe..." he admitted sheepishly, "I just don't want to make a mess is all."

Lily stepped back, "You're taking this seriously, aren't you? Like, you actually care?"
"Well yeah... It's kind of scary how much I care I don't want to do anything to ruin it."

"I think you should come to the library and sit with me and Ria then. She'd enjoy being with us and you'll get your chance to ask her to go down to the Black Lake and have lunch with you one day because she loves the water." Lily smiled before whipping around and briskly walking off towards the library doors.

Sirius stood, dumbfounded for a moment. He hadn't expect Lily to understand him, let alone support and offer advice. But then again, it was Lily Evans he was talking too. If anyone in the world could help, it would always be Lily. So, Sirius followed her and soon the two arrived side by side in the library.

"What're you doing here?" Asteria asked, rubbing her eyes tiredly as Sirius sat down beside her at the table.
"Nice to see you too." Sirius rolled his eyes jokingly.

"I mean, surely you aren't here to revise?"
"Of course not." Sirius grinned.

"I was just wondering if..." Sirius trailed off as he noticed Asteria prop her head up with her hand as she closed her eyes again.

"You alright?" He asked.
"She's not eating for whatever reason and now she feels sick and is refusing to go to Madam Pomfrey." Lily explained, "Maybe you can convince her to eat something."

"Oh..." Sirius caught on with what was going on, "Yeah I don't think you should see Madam Pomfrey." He nodded, supporting Asteria.
"Thank you." Asteria replied quietly.

"Why not? Are you two up to something?" Lily eyed them suspiciously.
"What? Of course not!" Sirius exclaimed, holding his hands up in the air.
"That would be ridiculous." Asteria added quietly.

"Ri, I think you might need to go to bed." Sirius frowned, "Come on, I'll walk you back to your common room."

"I need to revise though."
"You'll get more revision done when you're rested and can pay attention to the work. Come on." Sirius helped Asteria to her feet and held his arm around her shoulders as he guided her out of the library.

"Do you think the mandrake leaf is affecting me?" Asteria half joked as they walked down the corridor.
"Seriously, if it's making you this ill then maybe it's worth not bothering." He suggested.

"No, I'm determined to get this done."

-

A/N

I'm planning on this story eventually becoming a trilogy.

Book One: Coming Together
Book Two: Falling Apart
Book Three: Picking Up The Pieces

Book one will run until the end of the first wizarding war
Book two will go from Harry's first year at Hogwarts to the end of the Order Of The Phoenix
Book three will continue straight from book two and will tell the story of the second wizarding war and the aftermath

Thank you!
Keep reading and voting and commenting!