ANTECEDENT NEPENTHE: THE COROLLARY

"You're a prophet or a devil?"
"I can be both."

● ● ● ● ● ●

"It's not love that hurts. It's a good feeling actually. What hurts is the expectation, the assumption and the false hopes," Ciara commented on the topic our values teacher had opened. She also was a new girl in our school just like Kylo, the one I knew first back then in solving a case- the Raven Case to be exact.

"But love triggers them all. You see, you wouldn't get hurt if you don't love that certain one," Kylo replied.

"Yeah, you're right! But somehow, it was trust not love."

"Love is the reason why you trust. You can't put your love at stake if you don't trust."

"Exactly! Trust, love, expectations, get hurt– you can't just easily fall for someone without trusting them first. Trust must be the strongest foundation in loving and caring people around you. Trust will always be that center point of all: hate, resent, anger and most especially love. Everything starts with a simple 'trust'," Ciara said with a matter-of-fact-tone that made Kylo stop mid-air with mouth slightly open.

Ciara got him there.

No, not only Kylo who was hit headshot by what she means. Add me to the team, with Pete on the other side. We are those who trust once - big time! But where were we now? Where does that trust go?

"I agree on what Kyarat- este Ciara girl here was saying," staidly, Pete said. By that, he took the attention of everybody, even our teacher. They were all seriously trying to listen to Pete’s opinion which I doubt has any sense.

"Trust must be the strongest foundation in loving and caring people around you. Dahil pag ang trust ay mabutas at masira - naku! End of the world na!"

I don't know if it's me or they totally lost their sanity. I can't find any humor in what he said, including our values teacher bursts out laughing at Pete's statement.

I exhaled violently while harshly closed my eyes. I can feel the raging flow of the fuel acting as blood that circulates my whole system, pushing the tiny beads of anger that was crushed into pieces and then back into one again. One wrong move, I might explode.

Shame! But I'll agree with Ciara & Pete's opinion. Trust holds the most important foundation in either relationships - pagkakaibigan man o pamilya. At ang pagkasira nito ay magdudulot ng kakaibang kaguluhan at magiging sanhi nito'y kamatayan.

Kamatayan.

Death.

Blood.

Revenge.

I wanted revenge! I wanted to kill the person who took my father's life away from me, from us - with my twin brother Pietre.

Gusto kong maranasan ng taong yun kung gaano kasakit ang tanawing naliligo sa sariling dugo ang taong pinakamamahal mo at wala kang ibang magawa kundi ang umiyak lang.

Gusto kong makita syang nagmamakaawa hindi para sa buhay nya, kundi sa buhay ng taong mahal nya. Gusto kong ako mismo ang tatapos at kikitil sa walang kwentang buhay ng traydor at nagbabalat-kayong si Jonathan “Nathan” Inocencio.

Oo, si Nathan Inocencio.

Si Nathan na kung gaano ka puti pakinggan ang apelido ay siya namang ikina-itim ng budhi nito.

Si Nathan na sadyang demonyo. Pinagkatiwalaan namin minsan pero mamamatay tao pala!

Si Nathan na lider ng organisasyong kinasusuklaman ko, namin.