Instapasta

Alexis was walking home from school distracting herself with her iphone. After checking her new snapchats, she opened Instagram and started scrolling through her feed.She scanned through the boring updates from her friends of cafeteria shots and attempts to make rows of lockers look artsy with different filters.

As she turned the corner a few blocks from her house she thought she saw something out of the corner of her eye, towards the graveyard. She jumped and dropped her phone on the ground. 

After stopping to pick it up, Alexis was relieved to see she didn't shatter the screen. When she pressed the home button to wake it again, the screen flashed oddly before returning her to Instagram.

When she looked back at her feed the first photo was that of a ghostly white man on a black background, standing just far enough away from the camera that she couldn’t make out his features. She didn't recognize the username. It wasn't anyone she was following.

Trying to scroll up, the pictures from her friends were no longer there. She scrolled down to look at the next one. The photo was of the same man now standing a bit closer. Confused, she frantically scrolled through her feed.

With each one the man in the picture came a bit closer and his features were a bit clearer. Stopping to examine her phone, she noticed that the man in the photos seems to be looking at her even when she moved it from side to side. It frightened her, but she couldn't stop scrolling, one by one.

In the next picture, the man was so close his face completely filled the frame. His expression was the most horrifying she had ever seen. Panicked, she quickly turned her phone off.

Taking a deep breath. She put her phone back in her pocket and looked around.

She felt the buzz of a new text. She slowly pulled her phone out and read the two word message, glowing on her screen.

"Close enough."