Pilot

Nikolai POV

My favorite time of day. Farming at my father's farm just for a little bit of money. I've worked here every day since I could physically farm. I enjoy it because it allows me to work on physical strength and work out any anger that came up from anything that happened throughout the day. It does help that my father's farm is a smaller one, but is still a pain in the ass. Once I save enough money for better farming equipment you can bet your ass I'm gettin' it. So far I have a cheap machine that doesn't function right a third of the time and a rusty hoe, that works all the time. I prefer the how, only because of how small the farm is, it's about an acre of land and my dad only does it as a side job. All he does is buy the materials needed for growing them, and I do the rest. "NIKOLAI" I hear as I start to gather the potatoes. I walk in with calm "yes, sir" as I take a seat near him. "You have done a very good job farming recently, you deserve better equipment than the crappy machine, if it even works anymore." He says to me. "Father," I say "why are you being so generous today?" "I have a gut feeling something is gonna happen and I want my only son to be happy", he says walking past me. He opens the cabinet and pulls a bottle out of it. He pours the clear liquid into a glass, at this point I'm almost positive that's vodka. All our vodka is homemade so the FDA or whatever doesn't through a fit over the insane amount of alcohol it contains, it's not even legal outside of our little farm. I suppose that's why he tells me to pick up groceries whenever he starts to drink it, and it usually take him about an hour to sober up after, even after all his endurance of drinking it for so long. I make my way towards the grocery store and I get the required groceries needed for the week and head out around searching around for any activities I can do while I get to be outside. As I wander around I feel as if I am being watched.